Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got a Subpoena Today.....

Got a Subpoena Today.....

For jury duty...really!!. I did not know that one can be issued for this. Anyone ever go through this. I am stunned.

Cheryl
    C-7 incomplete Since 2004

Why are you stunned???? They issue them all the time here..I have gotten several myself but i have never had to go due to my being disabled....

I got out of jury duty several times with various excuses

Here in new york they say no excuses, so when they sent me those questionaires I dont send them back so this is the reason for the subpoena. Then it says if I don't appear I will be fined, I don't see why they make it such a big deal.
    C-7 incomplete Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Chrl View Post
    Here in new york they say no excuses, so when they sent me those questionaires I dont send them back so this is the reason for the subpoena. Then it says if I don't appear I will be fined, I don't see why they make it such a big deal.
    Are you are stunned again why?
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Call and if they don't excuse. Go do your civic duty.

Jury duty is a big deal. It is the heart of our justice system. If you are able to serve, do the responsible thing. If you have a legitimate reason to be excused, they will do it. I have done jury duty three times in various courts without a problem.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chrl View Post
    For jury duty...really!!. I did not know that one can be issued for this. Anyone ever go through this. I am stunned.

Cheryl
    Why do feel being disabled allows you to skip serving? I've been summoned everyplace I have lived usually within 6 months of living there. Courthouses are accessible with the exception of a few in rural areas but that is another discussion.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Go. its kind of fun. You get to meet strangers in the waiting area. Listen to all the lame excuses people use to try to get out of it. If you get on the jury, you get to hold the fate of some strangers life in your hands. A real feeling of power.

I don't ever want to be on jury duty!!! I'd rather have a tooth pulled than be on jury duty.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3