Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hey...

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    George Michael Commemorative Loos
    lol! Andrew's tiny little bum-bum ... lol ...

"... it's cold out there but it's warm in bed ..." *SWOON* lol
    Last edited by lynnifer; 09-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries
    Now I'm working on my bucket list. Epic road trip planned w/ Jake's homeboys. Gonna scatter his ashes in the Pacific, gonna see redwoods and San Fran and GOING TO A RAIDERS GAME!
    Betheny - and anyone wanting to see the redwoods - the greatest trip through the redwoods starts in Crescent City, CA. Howland Hill Road starts out winding up in to the mountains and is pretty nondescript, but after 2 or 3 miles you hit the redwoods.

When you get to the end of the road you well come out on Hwy 199 and can take a left and go down to the Jedidiah Smith State Park and see the tourist stuff - if you still want to...

Here's a shot of part of the road. We saw 2 other cars the day we drove it. Must have stopped 2 dozen times to wander around.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Had to re-watch. George M. is rocking actual pink chuck hitops w/ those shorts!

And then came Culture Club, also non-gay.

It amazes me these ppl are still alive. George M dodged a lot of bullets in the 80's. Freddie Mercury wasn't dodgy enough.

I may have to send George M. pink glitter reebok hitop aerobic shoes...he'd def look better in them than me!

The closet was a tightly closed door, sometimes I forget. George M. was kicking that door w/ pink chucks.

Donno-Awesome! This continent is a wonderland. Sometimes I'm not appreciative enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    lol! Andrew's tiny little bum-bum ... lol ...

"... it's cold out there but it's warm in bed ..." *SWOON* lol
    That eye roll at "warm in bed" is the Gayest Thing Ever. George M. should have skipped the coked-up supermodels. He was far prettier than they, but fouled his ride, as the kids say.

LOL. Fouled his ride is funny too.

Axl Rose wore more makeup. No ping. GNR were straight. MTV was an eyeopener back in the day!

The problem with the Ridgeley thing was that in the 80s I wanted to be Morrissey instead. I have a pic somewhere on my laptop when I get up.

The 80s was a strange time for gay pop stars - they all wanted to come out but record companies still insisted they would lose fans and airplay. Yet the flamboyance and fashion of the time allowed everyone to seem quite gay.

This was confusing for young boys who had no gay reference points. I was brought up in a relatively tolerant, liberal household so such things were discussed. I had several male friends who refused to accept that Freddie Mercury might be gay. Looking back, this is astounding.
    Last edited by RehabRhino; 09-24-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Betheny - and anyone wanting to see the redwoods - the greatest trip through the redwoods starts in Crescent City, CA. Howland Hill Road starts out winding up in to the mountains and is pretty nondescript, but after 2 or 3 miles you hit the redwoods.

When you get to the end of the road you well come out on Hwy 199 and can take a left and go down to the Jedidiah Smith State Park and see the tourist stuff - if you still want to...

Here's a shot of part of the road. We saw 2 other cars the day we drove it. Must have stopped 2 dozen times to wander around.
    Isn't that the road that takes you to the third largest Redwood or something like that, My wife and I took the same road and were the only ones other than a forest ranger fishing in the river. Most quiet place I've ever been to.
    Sounds like you had a good trip Donno.

Freddie would be out now. W/ his tits on Globe like poor Kate.

Talk about fouling rides. Poor Diana and that paparazzi shit. Can you imagine Freddie telling them to bend over?

We failed at Freddie gay detection, too. Freddie was on posters in our all-girl dorm. Black leather, seemed the most macho man. Then my bff went to San Francisco hahaha, so clueless. Took us a year or more to connect those black leather dots.

We knew gays...swishy gays. Freddie graduated to swishy but he began as Rough Trade.

Gaydar FAIL.

Who am I kidding, I had to google mika to be positive my gaydar was working. Sadly, it was.

We knew gays...swishy gays. Freddie graduated to swishy but he began as Rough Trade.

Gaydar FAIL.

Who am I kidding, I had to google mika to be positive my gaydar was working. Sadly, it was.
    Bethy - you know Rough Trade????? cool - one of my fav 80's bands !!!

Somehow this song was played on the radio in all it's original glory without so much of a meh - but then us Canajun's are a little ahead of our time on some issues !

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry