Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hey...

Well, it was believable enough to fall for!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Betheny

I am......

C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    Well, it was believable enough to fall for!
    Ha. If there was a category for red wine/gin consumption
    C5/6 incomplete

I know Irish blood English heart people, well I did. But they were happy. (Buried in Donegal. RIP Pat.)

I love the Pogues. I guess I just can't grasp the immigrating/clinging thing. Love Republic of Ireland? Why would you settle in effing Britain? Go big or go home.

Speaks the Irish-Cherokee cross.

Pat once said "The first time I emigrated I went and Drank Canada Dry." He was funny as fuck.

You are Unavailable In America? That figures.

That band is excellent. Way better than Wham LOL. I concede defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    You are Unavailable In America? That figures.

That band is excellent. Way better than Wham LOL. I concede defeat.
    Try this one.

I am.....

C5/6 incomplete

Great pre-punk. Why have I been told he's an overly intellectual douche?

I grew up taught to support IRA terrorists. Sigh. You have no idea how strong both loyalties are to ppl like me.

But Morrissey, I can't...He supports no regime? Has he not been made aware of the Windsor issues? And taxes?

International Playboy > Whining Irish.

See, the Irish weren't whiners here. They came, they were oppressed, the strong survived, the weak died. They assimilated. As God intended!

Cherokees didn't whine much either. After they were exterminated and moved to Oklahoma. Not much assimilation in actual genocide back then.

Ireland, North & Republic, have always had a complex relationship with England.

I grew up in 80s Britain and I know people who lost family to IRA bombings. My dad used to work in Belfast some weeks and told stories of being told to leave pubs immediately for his own safety as the 'Ra were about to hold a meeting there.

My apartment complex, where I am right now, was only built because the site was levelled by the biggest mainland bomb the IRA ever planted in 1996.

Can't profess to understand it, I think you need deeper connections with 'The Troubles' to do that..

I do know that I have several Northern Irish friends and a pretty Irish girl is a truly wonderful, jaw dropping thing. The ones I know could fight me and drink me under the table. I think that's why we get on. One calls me a 'feckin' sarky cripple'. She's a lawyer.
    C5/6 incomplete

LOL! What's that anti-American song of Morrisey's again?

Loved Queen - still do - still currently iPod worthy!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I went, bought history books, talked to journalists, drank a keg of Guinness. I still watch what goes on. I can't understand. It's ancient. Cromwell. Famines.

England is not where I'd have gone.

Add religion to that? You guys have had (mostly ineffective) jihadists forever.

First machine gun ever leveled at me was at that border. By a child. It was unnerving. My husband had been to Nam, he laughed at me, but I was uncomfortable and very paranoid.

I've seen more machine guns now. Cuz I'm an International Playlady.