Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Hey...

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    What is the beer in the green can? I don't think we drained the UK of beer in the 80's! We had Milwaukee.
    This one?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    LOL @ Betheny!

Yes I figured the singer of Bohemian Rhapsody was gay ... confirmed it when David Bowie (B-ow-ee as David used to correct me), who is at least pan-sexual, performed, Under Pressure with them.
    Oh my god, I'm always correcting people who pronounce Bowie incorrectly too.

Hi Paul! Good to see you back.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Heineken has some of the best commercials:

Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    Oh my god, I'm always correcting people who pronounce Bowie incorrectly too.
    That's okay ... he couldn't say 'hurricane, pattern or good luck' properly.

It came out, 'hur-a-kin, pat'n and good louke' so we kicked him back to England. lol

I dealt with another Brit through work who called police to say he was okay (stole kid from mother and was driving across the county drunk with a 1yr old) ... he said his name was 'Mock'. I kept saying, "Your name is Mock? Mawk?" and he kept insisting it was. He sounded otherwise Canadian until he said his name.

I actually wrote in the body of the report, 'Mock.' It was Mark. Doh!!!!

He usually corrected me on Jaguar too. I said, 'Ja-guar' while he said it was, 'Jag-u-are.'

It's all 'Bob's yer uncle' as far as I'm concerned. Potato - potatoe - let's call the whole thing off! lol
    Last edited by lynnifer; 09-25-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

That ad is awesome. Way to drop some cash on a commercial!

Watching it I thought how odd that Mr. Teen Morrissey, the Anti-Consumerist, woud grow up to be an ad man, presumably promoting consumption!

Jenn, how does that work? Drunk Mock calls in to tell you all is well, he's just hammered driving w/ his kidnapped 1 year old and he thought he'd check in so nobody would worry?

Most obliging kidnapper EVER!

Jenn, how does that work? Drunk Mock calls in to tell you all is well, he's just hammered driving w/ his kidnapped 1 year old and he thought he'd check in so nobody would worry?
    Several messages left on voice mail on cell if I remember correctly ... I mostly remember the Mock thing. LOL

I watched a documentary last night called Swansea Love Story. Truly lovely accents saying some horrendous things. Many funny parts. It was gritty but followed these street people for 6 months and you grew to care for them.

Then the endearing 18 year old girl gets drunk and wails at her charming boyfriend "You fucked my mum."

Wha?

She huddles down and says "Well, I fucked my mum."

The same mum that was pimping the girl out at 13 for smack.

We never met Mum. Wonder why? Maybe she's ashamed of her accent.

Recommend, if for the accents only. But for many other reasons. It's good.

Watching it I thought how odd that Mr. Teen Morrissey, the Anti-Consumerist, woud grow up to be an ad man, presumably promoting consumption!
    Ha. Actually I grew up to be a journalist, much more fitting for my sensibilities at that time. I spent 10 years writing about business and politics with a bit of crime thrown in.

Then I realised that things like houses cost money and buying one on a journalist's salary was killing me. Selling my soul to marketing happened then.

Wow, just realised I've now spent more than half my current job in a chair.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Hi Keps!
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I watched a documentary last night called Swansea Love Story. Truly lovely accents saying some horrendous things. Many funny parts. It was gritty but followed these street people for 6 months and you grew to care for them.
    Christ Beth that was some powerful stuff......

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/swansea-love-story/

........... we shoot through Swansea about once a year at a carefree 70 mph on our way to Pembrokeshire, I'll be paying more attention and counting my blessings next time!