Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad has pneumonia

Sorry to hear that Chad is ill. NL and I send the power of the force to both of you.

Note to all: Flu season is on its way, time to arrange for that flu shot. We got ours a week ago.

All the best,
    GJ and NL

Good that you got on it fast. Hit it hard and don't stop the antibiotics when it looks like he's well - he needs the full regimen to ensure that 100% of the little buggers are dead.
    - Richard

So Sorry to hear Ami. Hope he get's well fast. That sort of thing really drains ya, I've been through that a couple of times.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Scary. There are certain things I don't mess with and upper respiratory issues are one. If I have a cough or cold that is settling in too much I get to the doctor. Thinking of Chad.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Most of us have had this, so we feel twice as much empathy for you and Chad. I hope things are getting better.

(((Hugs Ami and Chad)))

When Chad gets better maybe we can do some retail therapy unless of course, Chad doesn't like shopping. You surely need a break and I know Chad is tired of being sick.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Healing thoughts are on route to Chad, wrapped tightly in a big hug for you both. Lung gunk sucks — I hope he recovers quickly.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Get well, Chad!
    Daniel

Not sure what T4L meant about attitudes, but whatever ..... lol

I have good news to report; he has greatly improved in just 24 hours. Yesterday he was coughing up blood and was literally choking on secretions every 5-10 minutes. He is no longer coughing up blood and he is coughing only once or twice an hour, and its productive. When I say cough, I mean quad cough, he can't cough himself of course. Still no fever, and he feels a lot better than before. Still not great but a lot better than yesterday. So things are def going in the right direction. Your positive thoughts and prayers are working, thank you!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    (((Hugs Ami and Chad)))

When Chad gets better maybe we can do some retail therapy unless of course, Chad doesn't like shopping. You surely need a break and I know Chad is tired of being sick.
    That is an absolute date!!!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager