Thread: cushion for driving

cushion for driving

I drive a lot and my doctor recommend that I get a cushion for my seat. Any suggestions. Does supracor makes something like this or can they make something custom? What do you all use?

i just use a 2 in roho in mine...........its the smallest i can get, just enough to fit under my butt......nothing special.....but works great.............

and i think roho even makes a 1 in or did, i haven't looked in awhile at their site.....but anything like that to soften the ride would help, actual cushion would be better......i just didnt want something to sit me up any higher than i was, my seat is electric so it would squat alot of the height out............

I drive some weeks 2,500 miles. I am in the car ten to twelve hours. I use a Roho low profile. Works great for me.

I use one of my older Stimulite Classic XSs that's been compressed a little over time, no cushion cover, but under a sheepskin seat cover. The driver's seat in our Subaru lowers a fair amount, and with it all the way down the extra height of the cushion is no big deal. Works well for me.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I drive a lot and my doctor recommend that I get a cushion for my seat. Any suggestions. Does supracor makes something like this or can they make something custom? What do you all use?
    stimulite makes a variety of cushions for many applications, check out their website. I just use a silver cushion if I travel a long ways, it's only 1-1 1/2" thick.

I am looking into stimulite. Next question I have a stimulite classic xs I have a very small sore on my coxy what can I do about cutting or shaving my cushion down in that area to pull the pressure off my coxy?

I also use the ROHO low profile in my car. It is a 9x9 cell.