Thread: any math people here

any math people here

can you tell me how much per kilowatt i pay. i can't makes cents of this.
    what i don't get is last month their was 2 kilowatt charges, like a high and low. i do know day night and weekend the rate varies.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

I get this: 381 kWh/52.19 = 7.3 cents

Not counting the ten cent credit.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

your charges don't add up to 52.19, they didn't list the generation charges, that is what varies between day and night.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Adds up for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trekker6 View Post
    your charges don't add up to 52.19, they didn't list the generation charges, that is what varies between day and night.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

sorry i didn't list both. but ty you guys maybe with the some corrections i'll get to know how to do this. so far it looks easy. just multiply kwh into the total price?
    btw my bill hasn't been this low since 2007, after that rates doubled. CT.sucks.
    Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Adds up for me.
    You're right, I did a quick look and it didn't seem right, I notice that there were charges for transmission and distribution, but not for generation.
    Last edited by trekker6; 11-21-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

That's expensive, 22 cents per KWH, my bill in florida is around 100 dollars per megawatt, yours is 220 per megawatt hour

That's expensive, 22 cents per KWH, my bill in florida is around 100 dollars per megawatt, yours is 220 per megawatt hour
    I see your Reagan quote. This year in CT. "the tax me state" only people single or couples making below $10,000 will get fuel assistants. I get $8532 from S.S.
    CT. pays zero, only feds pay this year. As stated in my fuel award, this is not an entitlement program. I'm one of Mitt's 47%'er. LOL.

One thing I can say about Reagan. He did have compassion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mp1n...eature=related
    Bob Seger

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon

Does add up if you take off basic service and late pmt

All, but two of the charges are per kW·h. I.e. (84.16-15.85-2.44)/381 is $0.172887/kW·h or 17.2887¢/kW·h. This has round off error as the amount has been rounded to cents. If you add up the individual rates you should get similar, but the exact value. Use this value to check your power bill.

When I went back and added the rates I got $0.172883/kW·h.

If all units are the same you can add them. For example all KPIs must be converted to common unit i.e. $/a. I.e. you may need to amortise cost first so it can be added to others of the same unit.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_analysis
    Last edited by zagam; 03-03-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Nothing, its round off error