Thread: Lungs

Lungs

Not sure were to post this so I will start here. I am a c5 injury had 6 chest tubes colapsed both lungs and was on a vent for three months after my injury and have about %40 lung copasity now. So my question is if some sort of cure does come will my lungs ever fully come back? Or are your lungs something that will alwayse be scared from that?

No one knows what "the cure" will do. Or if there will ever be a cure. So, in other words - yes.

a "cure" of the spinal cord will, in theory, reactivate nerve tracts that have been deactivated.

it won't fix damaged organs.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    a "cure" of the spinal cord will, in theory, reactivate nerve tracts that have been deactivated.

it won't fix damaged organs.
    He didn't say the damage was permanent - he wasn't mustard gassed in the Big One. As a fellow low quad, my lungs don't fire on all cylinders. One collapsed early on, but now it's a nerve issue, not an organ damage issue. If Wise gets his crap together and cures sci, a few mm of axon growth should be all I need.

My injury level is C6. I collapsed both lungs in my accident & had weeks of respiratory therapy. I get it.

The larger benefit, in this sense, will be the potential for some functional return of the diaphragm.

I didnt state my question exactly the right way. Since my lungs function at around
    %40 now I take it they are atrophied. In a perfect world and a magic pill made us ab again, would my lungs ever expand again or just stay the same size?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    I didnt state my question exactly the right way. Since my lungs function at around
    %40 now I take it they are atrophied. In a perfect world and a magic pill made us ab again, would my lungs ever expand again or just stay the same size?
    Pick an answer and you'll be right.

my nephew had a lung taken out, the other one got bigger.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"