Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spin Bike

Spin Bike

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never been on one. Anyways, I would imagine one moves the pedals with their hips? So one would have to have good control of their hips to use one yes? Also, how do you transfer onto one? Anyone have any videos of them doing this. Thanks!

Question

what do you mean by spin bike?

Quote Originally Posted by midtoad View Post
    what do you mean by spin bike?
    http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...rd}&adtype=pla

Something like this ^^^^^

I would think even with hips you need more than just that to power a bike like that. I know I would not be able to do that...even with my braces on...just do not have the ability to bring my leg up and down like that without someone assisting me.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

There are recumbent ones. You could check at some local health clubs. Either way I think you would rick wearing a hole in your butt if you had to rock back and forth to use your hips to pedal. What about a rowing machine with a sliding seat or a leg press machine?

The reason I'm asking is because they use these in rehab facilities and I've seen quite a few videos of quads and paras able to pedal the bike unassisted. I've read it takes time as well as practice but can be done.

Are you sure it's this particular bike or one that looks like it. Looks like a tension strap kind to me. You may want to stop by a gym to see if you can use one.

I think that's a different bike Sequin. If you look at the frame in the Utube there's isn't a name on the side of the frame like there is in your ad. The front disc looks different also and looks like it's a strap type resistance whereas the utube one looks like it more weighted type resistance.

Man, that would be so cool if you could use one. Can you contact the place where they made the video and see what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I think that's a different bike Sequin. If you look at the frame in the Utube there's isn't a name on the side of the frame like there is in your ad. The front disc looks different also and looks like it's a strap type resistance whereas the utube one looks like it more weighted type resistance.

Man, that would be so cool if you could use one. Can you contact the place where they made the video and see what it is?
    Yeah when I posted that link I was just trying to give an idea of what I was talking about since I don't know the exact brand of the one used in the YT video. But I also seen another YT video of a guy using one and it wasn't the same brand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edBiJdrsfOU

There was another link I wanted to show but I can't find it now I'll keep looking and post when I do.