Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TiLite Medicare???

Still with us....thanx.....I was given last rights 6X. Right now I am in the process of building strength from waist done and attempting to put walking back together.

rim, i got a seating evaluation done at rehab. i asked a lot of questions as to what my proper seating should be. i'd been sitting in a 15 year old Halls chair that, well, fit properly perhaps 10 years ago...

from there i went through a bunch of posts here on CC (the spec sticky was very useful) and got some really good setup ideas. and as suggested i bought an adjustable chair (a demo ZRA) and over a few a weeks dialed it in.

interesting to hear that Medicare would cover titanium with a well written letter. my DM said it wasn't worth the effort. - amazingly lazy, but very informed about seating position.

Attachment 46557

A: seat width (outside to outside of frame)
    B: seat depth (front of backrest post to front of seat sling)
    C: FSH (Front Seat Height)
    D: RSH (Rear Seat Height)
    E: Footrest Length (Notice that cushion is not included)
    F: backrest height (for simple cases, a good starting height is just beneath your shoulder blades)
    G: backrest angle (for simple cases, close to 90 degrees)
    H: CoG (Center of Gravity - the smaller the more stable. If you don't know, start with 0, and adjust to more over time.)
    J: Rear wheel spacing - set as close as possible
    K: Camber - personal preference - I like 4 degrees which helps protect my knuckles through doorways.
    L: front-frame angle - personal preference - I like 85 because it is the tightest (for maneuverability) that allows 5" casters (which I like)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    So the Aero ZSC would do what you are saying?
    yes. The Aero ZSC is the same chair as the AeroZ; Its order form just has some preselected options.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Attachment 46558

Front shape and footrest width are personal preference. I like the V-Front, and have a fairly snug width: my shoed feet + about 1.5".
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Still with us....thanx.....I was given last rights 6X. Right now I am in the process of building strength from waist done and attempting to put walking back together.
    Docs told my family I wouldn't make it - after having a fever of 110F, I was in a coma for 5 days. Being so close to death is a life changing experience, huh!!

What's your walking prognosis? I can stand and walk a bit.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Walking is zero. And so are all these people. I was loaded with TONS of fluid buildup from mying so long. Complicated with that was all the loss os energy. All of this was a mess. I just requested so H2O therapy early this year. Those people had me in water hying on my back supported by a foam cushion at waist. They would then move my legs progressively in a walking motion. Eventually they got me to doing that myself. A key here was, I did it with eyes CLOSED. I was trying to eliminate as much input to brain as possible from any other thing. They had me walking at parallel bars in the water. I stopped this because of PT issues, not H2O. Since then I have slowly been buidling strength in all muscles throughout legs - waist to toes. I am having difficulty trying to get retraction of muscles working. It seems I have extension and am building strenght and tone. I really have no idea walking or not walking. Neither does anyone else. I have taken an approach I need to make things work 1 at at time as i extend farther and farther down the body away from the brain. Sometimes I "jump" to far forward and skp something and need to back up, but so far I have not run into a dead end. How long this will take or how close or how far I am from it, I am not sure. It is workig, so I keep going.

. . . I keep going.
    Hang in there!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>