Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my TR3 today!!!

stumpy - did u pay extra for "profiled to wheel" sideguards or did you just get lucky?

Also, any reason for replacing your TR1?

Less than a month from order to your door, that is great turn-around. Ti must be doing something right.

Hope you get at least 11 years out of this one, no reason you shouldn't.

p.s. - beware the one-sided fork caster wheel retaining screws, seen a couple rattle loose in the first couple days... couldn't hurt to go over all the fasteners to make sure they're snug.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post

p.s. - beware the one-sided fork caster wheel retaining screws, seen a couple rattle loose in the first couple days... couldn't hurt to go over all the fasteners to make sure they're snug.
    From the TiLite Owners Manual Supplement:
    The threads on the screws that secure the casters to the fork are treated with Vibra-TITEĀ® VC-3, a locking and sealing coating, to reduce the possibility they will become loose. You should be able to remove and reinstall these screws approximately four times without reapplying the coating. If you repeatedly remove and reinstall these screws, TiLite requires that you reapply Vibra-TITEĀ® VC-3 after every fourth adjustment.

I'll post spec's and add my CAD drawing tonight.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    stumpy - did u pay extra for "profiled to wheel" sideguards or did you just get lucky?

Also, any reason for replacing your TR1?

Less than a month from order to your door, that is great turn-around. Ti must be doing something right.

Hope you get at least 11 years out of this one, no reason you shouldn't.

I replaced my 11 year old TR because it was popping and all but certian the frame is cracked inside the camber tube bracket after talking with one of Tilite tech's. I also decided to get a new chair because my insurance thru my place of work agreed to pay for a new chair and they even told me that I should replace it every 3-1/2 to 4 years and that's what I plan to do.

I ordered the side guards as their standard rigid removeable guards.
    T4,5,6 Incomplete

Looks great. My TR3 was sent from TiLite to ADI, for brakes, about a month ago, I am surprised how long it seems it has been at ADI. TiLite made the chair faster.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

The chair is gorgeous, I hope you'll be super happy with it. Glad your TR1 made it as long as it did, but also hope you'll enjoy getting chairs a little more frequently from now on!

My CAD drawing has been added to the sticky.

@t8burst, at first glance I thought the camber tube was CF but it's not, just painted black is all.
    T4,5,6 Incomplete

What did this cost you and where did you get this from?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    What did this cost you and where did you get this from?
    Just under $4000 and I went thru Sportaid.
    T4,5,6 Incomplete

Sportaid been where I been looking. I am also considering an active suspension chair but I am too worried the amount of energy the suspension eats up. I have a 100-125' driveway with a 40-45 degree angle. I go up backward and come down forward. I do not want to mess this up since Medicare won't pay for any of it.