Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Working 2 Walk 2012

Exclamation Working 2 Walk 2012

The "Early Bird" Registration Discounts will end on September 30th.
    If you haven't had a chance to get registered yet, now is the time to catch the discounted rate.

http://www.u2fp.org/organize/events/working-2-walk/

The final agenda has been set and the speaker bio's are posted.
    Special thanks to our 2 Co-organizers for 2012:
    Research for Cure & RIRC (Reeve Irvine Research Center).

See you in Irvine, California on November 1-3, 2012!

I will register next week. We already have the hotel and airplane tickets booked. Really looking forward to this!!!

When you register, be sure to mark yourself down for the Saturday morning tours and lunch at RIRC to see the labs if you can. The scientists will be in the labs to answer questions and it will be a wonderful opportunity to see the inside and perhaps hear even more.

http://www.reeve.uci.edu/videos-meet...ists-2012.html

Planning on it.

If you're thinking about going to W2W and staying at the Hilton, now's the time to make a reservation. I just made mine and apparently they only have a few rooms under the special group rate left.

Me and my family are going
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Working2Walk - I'll be there in spirit AND pocketbook

For those of you who can't physically attend, I have a nice idea - www.bit.ly/Working2Walk

I made a small donation of USD125 to Unite2FightParalysis (U2FP) today.

Let me tell you why I did.

The amount of my donation is equal to the early bird registration for the Working2Walk (W2W) conference that they are holding in Irvine, California on 1-3 November. For those of you who don't know what Working2Walk is, let me tell you just a little.
    • a yearly conference sponsored by U2FP since 2006 to bring together scientists, practioners, paralysis survivors and family members for a dynamic exchange of information and strategies
    • with a jam packed agenda of the best science to cure paralysis
    • presented by leading world scientists and others involved in raising money and advocating for a cure for spinal cord injury

I wish I could attend W2W, organized by U2FP, but because of distance and pain I really can't go to California, but distance or pain shouldn't deter us from participating even if we can't physically attend.

Last year I was skyped in from Osaka to Washington to sit on the advocacy panel. It was a great experience to be able to talk about activism in the spinal cord injury with so many at the conference and even more people not at the conference.

That's right; more people saw me who weren't at the conference than were actually at the conference. This is because the W2W organizers make sure that we benefit by:
    • having a live blog to read about the events as they happen (2011 W2W)
    • putting the main speakers up on the web so we can see the good news about the main scientific cure breakthroughs (2010&2011 W2W)

Not only this, but we benefit from the advocacy that they undertake on our behalf year round.

So this year, I'm giving something back even though I can't physically attend. I'm going to pay my registration fee by making a donation to say thank you and to continue supporting W2W and U2FP.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Dennis, you're going to be speaking via Skype again this year. Right ?