Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SmartDrive Power Assist Device from MAX Mobility

they're making/designing a treadmill for us right now, it really is going to work good also.......

Quote Originally Posted by hippert View Post
    Living Spinal just did a Demo with several users at their offices in San Diego and the product was amazing. Living Spinal will be getting a floor model soon. If you are anywhere near Southern California come and see the Smart Drive

We did a little Smart drive demo video that day see it on our Facebook page Living Spinal fb
    Is the SmartDrive going to be at the Abilities Expo in San Jose this year? Will it work with a Tilite TR?

First Pics

Long day today. More to come...

I like it. But could a user put it together if you were driving a car instead of a van?
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

In the video it appears the person put the battery pack on after unloading the chair ... I would be very interested in this. More so than the ZX-1 in fact if it's as light and portable as it seems.

(Am I the only one noticing that the wheel housing reminds me of a dustbuster? lol)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

That's probably the biggest advantage of the SmartDrive. It is by far the easiest power add on to remove from the chair and load into a vehicle. The combined weight of the system is only 19 lbs. Took me about a minute to put on/take off the battery pack and drive unit from my chair and I could stow both in front of the passenger seat of my Honda Accord (and I put my frame on top of the seat).

It isn't perfect, but it provides enough power to get to the next highest level of the average parking garage using the ramp without a single push stroke.

I would say some finger function is needed to plug in the battery pack into the drive unit, and not everyone will be able to install/remove it from the camber tube mount while they are sitting in the chair as shown in the video. Similarly, not everyone can remove/store their FreeWheel on their backrest rigidizer bar while they are sitting in the chair. Now that I think about it, it is about the same level of difficulty to install/remove from the chair as a FreeWheel.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 09-21-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    That's probably the biggest advantage of the SmartDrive. It is by far the easiest power add on to remove from the chair and load into a vehicle. The combined weight of the system is only 19 lbs. Took me about a minute to put on/take off the battery pack and drive unit from my chair and I could stow both in front of the passenger seat of my Honda Accord (and I put my frame on top of the seat).

It isn't perfect, but it provides enough power to get to the next highest level of the average parking garage using the ramp without a single push stroke.

I would say some finger function is needed to plug in the battery pack into the drive unit, and not everyone will be able to install/remove it from the camber tube mount while they are sitting in the chair as shown in the video. Similarly, not everyone can remove/store their FreeWheel on their backrest rigidizer bar while they are sitting in the chair. Now that I think about it, it is about the same level of difficulty to install/remove from the chair as a FreeWheel.
    Good deal! Would still like to see someone put it together from a car in a youtube video.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

russell puts it together from his in the video, wtf.........would be great for like outings i would think, at the zoo, theme parks, probably not something one would use for hunting, camping and such, stick to the concrete world.....gonna try to get me one at the end of the month, go do my annual next month......the guy with the freewheel won't even summit his to the memphis va, they said they'd approve it in a minute and he'd probably sell a 1000 a year through them and he won't even acknowledge them......blows my mind.....

I could not see from either of the video's where the power button is located to accelerate without a push. Anyone know where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I'm using our demo as I type. On MaxMobility's YouTube video and web site, they don't mention it has a mode where you simply hold in the power button and it accelerates up to speed without the need for a push stroke. It is kind of like the Zinger, except it is lighter, more portable, and is actually being produced.

More after I test its outdoor capabilities.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

This is a great design, love it so much. But the wheel design, no tire, no track, and I suppose the rubber(if I am not mistaken) will wear out very fast.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.