Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546

Thread: SmartDrive Power Assist Device from MAX Mobility

I did NOT read all of this. I DID read your last statement here..."the things add up..." I COMPLETEY agree. I have continually told my family, I am just happy I can do. No I cannot do it as quickly as someone not disabled, but I can do it. It may take you 5 minutes to do something, and same takes me 5 days. At least I can still do it. I have really not been able to sell that thought. Whenever I am helped, I feel I must move at the speed of light so whoever helping not get disgusted for how long it takes. Moving at speed of light, tends to introduce more accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    nonoise Thank you for figuring out about the plug. I looked at it and saw a lot of holes/slots. Are you saying that the meter probe tip is able to get in there? I have lots of meters though my favorite one died last year. I'm actually not sure I want to know what's going on with the battery. I have so much to worry about I don't know if I want another thing. I am just blindly trusting the SmartDrive to work and when one day it doesn't I plan deal with it then. The equipment I need because of disability adds up in so many ways including things to worry about. Before I used a chair I would just put on a pair of shoes and go out. Now it's like preparing for an RV trip. I am grateful for wheelchairs, I was amazed at how much easier things were once I started using one and I fought hard against using that first one. I know people stare at us and access most places is bad and wheelchairs cost a lot etcetera but, with a good chair I can pretty much do anything. Without it I am a bump on a log.

So hurrah for wheelchairs and for Mark Richter for making me my SmartDrive which often enough drives me crazy because I can't figure out what it wants from me so that it will go.

I am curious about where you are saying the pos neg and neutral are. Maybe I will poke in there and see what the meter shows.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    This is serious if your battery only lasts a week. Unplugged it should last nearly a year.
    Since I require the regular assistance of my smart drive, I have no idea how long the battery would last if the unit was not being used.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Since I require the regular assistance of my smart drive, I have no idea how long the battery would last if the unit was not being used.
    I was responding to your comment about your battery drain as a result of being left plugged in, attached to the drive wheel or not:

It definitely drains mine. I used to always disconnect it at home and my battery lasted a really long time. Lately I leave it connected and I keep getting my chair beeping at me that the battery is about dead.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Yes, and when speaking of how long my battery lasts (few days if I don't unplug it when not in use, week if I do) that's including the smart drive being regularly used. So I would know nothing about the battery supposed to be able to last a year between charges. You're obviously not trying to claim you should be able to use the smart drive for a year never charging it.

Yes, and when speaking of how long my battery lasts (few days if I don't unplug it when not in use, week if I do) that's including the smart drive being regularly used. So I would know nothing about the battery supposed to be able to last a year between charges. You're obviously not trying to claim you should be able to use the smart drive for a year never charging it.
    My spare SD battery sat for six months unused and still had a charge of 26.7 volts. It took a little over a half an hour to charge it up, but only got to 28.8 for full, so it's a little damaged. After a day or so of resting it is now at 27.5 volts.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.