Thread: Microcyn/Vetericyn idea

Microcyn/Vetericyn idea

I sent the company that makes microcyn and vetericyn an idea I had. I told them they should make their products in other consistencies. One being like a vaseline thickness that could be applied to a wound and not run off or dry up so quickly. The other idea was to make it into a rubbery/spongy solid that could be placed on a wound to help protect it but also slowly dissolve throughout the day so that it medicinal value could constantly be secreted into the wound. Sound like a good idea?

Microcyn, Puracyn, Vetericyn products are super-oxidized water that are pH neutral. Oculus Innovative Sciences has found a way to make the product relatively stable (a difficult task), but that only goes so far in this technology. There is a Vetericyn product called Vetericyn Hydrogel that is not exactly liquid, but not exactly jelly like Vaseline, it has a more gel (like a hair gel product) consistency.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Microcyn, Puracyn, Vetericyn products are super-oxidized water that are pH neutral. Oculus Innovative Sciences has found a way to make the product relatively stable (a difficult task), but that only goes so far in this technology. There is a Vetericyn product called Vetericyn Hydrogel that is not exactly liquid, but not exactly jelly like Vaseline, it has a more gel (like a hair gel product) consistency.

All the best,
    GJ
    I currently use the Vetericyn VF and its thickness is noticeable but if they could make a thicker gel or a solid, I could see a real benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I currently use the Vetericyn VF and its thickness is noticeable but if they could make a thicker gel or a solid, I could see a real benefit.
    There is no noticeable difference between Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF (VVF) in consistency. They both should be the consistency of water. The only difference in these two products is strength. VVF is about twice the strength of regular Vetericyn. As stated before there is a Vetericyn Hydrogel product that comes in a spray bottle. When this gel is sprayed, it sticks to the skin, it does not run like regular Vetercyn or VVF.

The problem for Oculus is stability of the product. They have a proprietary method to keep the product stable, and thus effective for about a year in their current formulations. The product is more stable if stored in glass than plastic and refrigerated, not frozen than at room temperature. Many hospitals have equipment that makes super oxidized water for cleaning purposes, but the product is only effective for a few hours.

All the best,
    GJ

Well then, I am gathering that it would be fairly easy to make the product at home. Who cares if it does not last long. That is a sales concern.