Thread: my dell kaputed

my dell kaputed

its only six months old. I thought id have to send it off, but a dell repair guy came out within three days and replaced the screen that burnt out.

what a piece of crap.
    I've had my MacBook Pro for almost 3 years, no problems.
    Granted, it's way more expensive but it has really taken a beating.

We had a couple of Dells and said NEVER again. We went with Apple about 8 years ago and never looked back! Yes, way more expensive, but we have not replaced any of them in almost 8 years. 1 IMac and 2 lap tops.

Brand names really do not matter these days. All the parts come from a few manufacturers. I recently read that Samsung now makes over 80 percent of all the flat screens used in the whole world these days. I have had hard drives and video cards that died in as little as 2 weeks. These days, it is the luck of the draw. Hope it was covered by warranty Jody.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I was covered.
    The dell guy got a refurb, it came with a bad Hd, sent him another, cracked screen. He said hey, Im a dell tech can I just swap out the Hd and you can have the one with the cracked screen and bad HD? no.
    he said eff it, sent it back, and uses a toshiba satellite.

I like this laptop. it is the inspiron z. it is small, and works well. I hate the adds that are programed in, but other than that it is very nice to use.

got borderlands 2, so hopefully it stays fixed.

I had a compaq that died at 14 months. Of course the warranty was only for 12 months. I bought a new computer tower and a case for the hard drive from the compaq. Works out well for me, but I am going to buy a new mother board for the compaq and repair it myself.

Since my son spends so much time here doing school work I need another computer for myself. I have a laptop, but don't really care for them much other than to get digitised embroidery machine patterns and hook them right into my sewing machine.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

what do you sew skippy? I know, off topic.

My $300 emachine Walmart clearance desktop is still working well, but It cant multitask without being overworked. I was gonna wipe it and see if It would help.
    it is about three years old.

I like to be able to move from room to room if I need to, and that is hard to do with a desk top. anyway, Iv been very careful with the dell laptop. it got a little warm playing games, but I use a cooling pad when I play games. never use it on a soft surface, never dropped it, or spilled anything on it.
    as long as it works, its a very nice laptop, and the 14z is about perfect, and about half the weight to my 15 toshiba. the toshiba went through the fire, and got dropped by best buy when I took it in to have the fans replaced. it rattled when I went to pick it up. They said I gave it to em that way. It was new at the time, just needed a new fan. The dell repair guy was very nice, and was gone in less than twenty minutes.

anyone heard of Kasperskies anti virus. I havnt loaded it yet.

Dells are known for running hot. I need to get a chill pad. In bed I have a padded lift board but it doesn't have enough lift for the fans. My Inspiron 15 lasted about 4 years, well, 6 because my husband is using it for email and a few searches. He plans on getting a MacBook or MacPro soon. I still have a year on my 3 year warantee on my Dell Studio 17". Good thing too. I need to take it in for a new video bios chip. I could replace video cards in the old IBM desktops but I wouldn't even try talking my husband through how to do a chip. So next time it acts up I call the warrantee number; they confirm it needs hardware work and I get a number to take with me to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Overall, I like these since IBM is now all Chinese. I also wasn't too thrilled when Lotus quit creating new versions of its Suite. I hate Excel.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.