Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Web design ?

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    What are you trying to do exactly? Just publish your writing? Do you want people to leave comments? Are you starting some sort of forum? It is kinda hard to give a good answer without knowing your goals.
    It is a massive family history/genealogy that 3 family members have been putting together since the 1990s. It has approximately 25 subpages. It includes photo layouts, graphs, charts, copies of family documents oral-video histories of some members, etc. It dates back to the 1600s. It will always be a work in progress (we hope). I have been the webmaster from day one. I need to get it in shape for a younger generation family member to take over and manage while I am still able.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    It is a massive family history/genealogy that 3 family members have been putting together since the 1990s. It has approximately 25 subpages. It includes photo layouts, graphs, charts, copies of family documents oral-video histories of some members, etc. It dates back to the 1600s. It will always be a work in progress (we hope). I have been the webmaster from day one. I need to get it in shape for a younger generation family member to take over and manage while I am still able.
    I would recommend drupal or wordpress. You can give people accounts, they can add their own content without access to the server or knowledge of HTML. You just have to spend the time to set it up. If it is an internal family thing you may want to look at something like twiki. You can upload content, create discussion, it is a collaboration platform not a website tool however.

On my websites I use a self hosted Wordpress blog and I have a premium theme which allows me both a great deal of flexibility in the layout, design, functionality and SEO options plus you don't need to know any HTML/CSS (unless you want to really dig in deep and you only need to know a little bit at that).
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.