Thread: Switching e-motions

Switching e-motions

Hi! I'm trying to buy a pair of emotions from afriend but am wondering how you set them up on a different chair? Is there something special that needs to be done or do you just transfer the brackets from one chair to the other?

Thanks!!!

The brackets are specific to the Make and model of the chair. Check Frank Mobility website.

i've got the same chair, a tilite tr. i was thinking we'd just swap the brackets over, but is there something else that needs to be changed to?

I am not sure. I bought demo Emotion M-15's off of Ebay with brackets, vinyl coated rims and solid tire inserts and then paid a local DME to mount them. I have desk-height armrests with side guards [not swing-away armrests] and the DME had a very hard time mounting the wheels. I have between a 1/4 " - 1/2" of clearance between the armrest and the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by juju10 View Post
    i've got the same chair, a tilite tr. i was thinking we'd just swap the brackets over, but is there something else that needs to be changed to?
    check the fine print--i believe that both the chair and wheel warranties are void if not done properly ie. by Frank Mobility. I have a set coming on my new ZRA--Ti had to ship the chair to Frank Mobility for install.It isnt something my DME will do because of warranty issues.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Does your friend have the "Reinforced" frame option on his TR, as it is my understanding that one should have that if going with powered wheels? Also, I believe you have to have a zero degree camber tube.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Does your friend have the "Reinforced" frame option on his TR, as it is my understanding that one should have that if going with powered wheels? Also, I believe you have to have a zero degree camber tube.
    You're right. A reinforced frame, 0 camber and billet casters

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    check the fine print--i believe that both the chair and wheel warranties are void if not done properly ie. by Frank Mobility. I have a set coming on my new ZRA--Ti had to ship the chair to Frank Mobility for install.It isnt something my DME will do because of warranty issues.
    Thanks! I guess its more of a pain than I'd hoped. I think my best bet would be to find a dealer in my area to do the sw√*p.