Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Be careful

I also wanted to say that for people with recurrent problems like pressure sores etc. It is not always possible to work full time. I did for many years but would always develop something that would sideline me for a few months at a time. Pressure sores and urinary problems mostly. Depending on what kind of job you have, it may not always be possible to take off 2 months to heal a MRSA infection or what ever it is.

I had high hopes for TW. I applied for a job at social security once in the 90's. Was interviewed and had the job but the director asked me what my strengths were. I said perseverance is one of my main strengths because I like to finish a job and know that I have done my best at the end of the day. With it being a small town, it got back to me that "that statement was what cost me the position". He felt I would have a hard time leaving work unfinished. My job coach was a cousin and she worked with VR but was not an employee of VR.

Just like another thread I read this morning here. Someone said VR is not set up to find professional jobs...they kept wanting me to do telemarketing for a vacum cleaner company when I first got out of college. Sorry I did not go to college to do telemarketing. It turns out the owner was a friend of my VR counselor and he had trouble finding employees. I had many conversations with the Director of VR in our region. Only when I got out on my own and did my own job hunting did I get a job in the field I was qualified for. I think VR hurt me more than helped me in the early 90's when I wanted to work so badly. I interviewed for more than 50 jobs with VR over a period of 4 years. Since then, I have got every job on the first interview and had offers that I didn't even take.

One of the joys of living in a small town is everybody knows your business...LOL

I didn't mean to derail your thread Christy....I just get aggravated at the whole system. Why should you have to suffer for every third friday?
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

be care ful ssi

We are told time and time again it is when. You work not when you are paid....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post

I have had to get a congressman involved twice to get the local office to do their job. Once in the 90's and once last year. A congressman only sends a letter and the office blacklists you for this. I think they get in some kind of trouble when a congressman inquires. There is also incentives for the offices that collect the most overpayments etc just like the VA.

What do you mean they blacklisted you? Did you have a hard time with the SS office after the congressman got involved?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers7 View Post
    What are considered out of pocket medical deductions?
    http://www.socialsecurity.gov/redboo...supports.htm#3
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Is this a state-by-state thing? If I ever made any money working, they deduct that from my disability check.
    You get SSI then not SSDI. Here is where everyone gets so confused. Well one way...
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

I read it......what a mess that is. Its all how they look at it to me.
    I think better to stay around the 800.00 mark with no Deductions to be on the safe side.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    What do you mean they blacklisted you? Did you have a hard time with the SS office after the congressman got involved?
    Yes I will PM you.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I don't know that they blacklist or not but they did not follow the POM's manual for my appeals.

My statement was supposed to read...I feel like they blacklist people for this or make a note on their account.

SJean, it does appear to be the 36 month thing causing problems. They are "deciding" if my payments should continue. Whoever they is.

The big issue is the 36th month was last September, so a year I will have been overpayed on top of the other months. Big trouble if I lose this fight.

I have read that Redbook many times and never seen the 36 month thing. I don't know how I missed it.
    Anyway be careful if you go back to work and want to have your cake and eat it too.

It just jumped out at me when I was looking to see what I could find about the number of times you were allowed to go over. I hadn't known about it either.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005