Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ssdi missing

ssdi missing

My deposit for ssdi is only 299, and my usual check is 690. I recently had to renew my medicaid so for two months Iv had to pay 100 to medicare since my medicaid was cut.

Iv received no letters from ssdi, which is strange considering my income has been apparently cut from 690 to 299. I dont know what to do. why would my check be cut like that with no warning or explanation?

I cant buy food or pay rent and utilities with what is in my account. what the hell?

I'm surprised they didn't notify you too. That doesn't seem fair. I thought that you couldn't get ssdi if you were on medicaid. Maybe because you switched from medicare back to medicaid?? I don't know, but I sure hope someone can help you. That is terrible.

Most independent living centers have an ssdi/ssi advocate on staff who could answer questions and help you with this issue. Hope you have one near you.

All the best,
    GJ

no icls in sc. only aging or senior services.
    I get both medicaid and medicare. without the medicaid I dont get reimbursed for the $100. also my medicare blue copays are huge without medicaid.

Call Social Security.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I will at nine am.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I will at nine am.
    Most of the time the letter follows instead of getting there before. I had a small deposit not long ago and thought what is going on here this is no where near enough and why not the regular date? so I went down there and they told me it was just an adjustment in my favor and my regular check/deposit would follow. They printed up a copy of the letter that I should have already gotten and did get a few days later...They said that happens all the time about the letter not getting there in time to inform you in advance...

Got mine today. Same amount as always.

call local office. forget 800 line.

btw, i really would like to hear from ppl who used ilc's. they have been totally useless to me. my son was told today his ss number is invalid, which is bs. call or go down to ss office.
    Last edited by cass; 10-05-2012 at 04:58 AM.

It was a mistake. I guess I get both ssi and ssdi, or ssdi and something else. They said I would get a letter of explanation, and yesterday it was all there plus what they took out for the medicare.

Only the ssi went in, and not the second part of what ever I get to add up to the $690 Im getting now.