Thread: Anus pain (foreign object sensation and burn)

Unhappy Anus pain (foreign object sensation and burn)

Hi everyone.
    I'm really curious if anyone's feeling what i feel, and found a way to deal with it.
    About 8 months ago, during my visits to the gym, i started feeling some kind of foreign object few centimeters in my anus. It happened only after a warm-up, and the sensation disappeared after i went home. It didn't hurt, nor burn, just bother. Also, it didn't bother me in the everyday life.
    After i went to a surgeon, and got suppositories + esracain, then things got complicated. It started to bother me all the time (a feeling like there's something in your anus about to fall out), especially when i walk. Also, a burning sensation started all around the anus (from the inside to the tailbone).
    Since then i went through about 12 doctors (5 proctologists, 3 dermatologists), and all proctological and skin problems were excluded. Out of all of those doctors, only one has an explanation (after an US): he says i have some sort of microscopic wound with an exposed nerve, and that's why i feel the foreign object and the burning, even though visually everything looks fine.
    So far i've tried tons of lotions, and 2 anti-depressants pills (elatrolet and clonex) without relief.
    Sorry about the long story, tried to be thorough.
    Thanks in advance for suggestions.

With Spinal Cord Injury (assuming that's what you have and why you are here) any type of sensation that you can feel but not find a reason for (coming from within the spinal cord, neuropathic pain) is possible.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I'm really curious if anyone's feeling what i feel, and found a way to deal with it.
    About 8 months ago, during my visits to the gym, i started feeling some kind of foreign object few centimeters in my anus. It happened only after a warm-up, and the sensation disappeared after i went home. It didn't hurt, nor burn, just bother. Also, it didn't bother me in the everyday life.
    After i went to a surgeon, and got suppositories + esracain, then things got complicated. It started to bother me all the time (a feeling like there's something in your anus about to fall out), especially when i walk. Also, a burning sensation started all around the anus (from the inside to the tailbone).
    Since then i went through about 12 doctors (5 proctologists, 3 dermatologists), and all proctological and skin problems were excluded. Out of all of those doctors, only one has an explanation (after an US): he says i have some sort of microscopic wound with an exposed nerve, and that's why i feel the foreign object and the burning, even though visually everything looks fine.
    So far i've tried tons of lotions, and 2 anti-depressants pills (elatrolet and clonex) without relief.
    Sorry about the long story, tried to be thorough.
    Thanks in advance for suggestions.
    You don't know a woman who goes by the name of Lynnifer do you?

Curt:
    I'm not sure what is the definition of "spinal cord injury". I had a CT scan long time ago (in 2000) which showed two partial disk herniation (nothing serious from what i understood), and once in a while i have back pain. The anal pain started out of nowhere and for no apparent reason. I'm really curious if anyone feels what i feel.

Patrick:
    No idea who you're talking about. Should i know her?

patrick, you made a funny.

now this person says he is bothered by the feeling something is in his butt, not that he wants something in his butt.

about feeling like something is up your butt, I get the burning stick up the butt feeling. it is not real pain for me, but neurological pain. for some reason I feel real butt pain as belly pain. it is good you ruled out physical causes. about all I have to say about the burning stick up the butt feeling, is Im glad it is not a constant pain in my butt.

I can feel it right now and I haven't been anywhere near Lynnifer. But I've been drinking caffeine over the last couple of days and I know it's referred pain from my bladder.

Last edited by SuprSi; 09-10-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Was in a crap mood, not a very nice post
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

you know, I think caffeine does make it more buzzy in my butt. how about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    You don't know a woman who goes by the name of Lynnifer do you?
    *smirking big time* I have to work up to this ya know .. it's not like I'm assaulting every man I meet! LOL
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12