Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this chair make any sense to you?

Someone could post a question to the listing and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    . Despite what totol1 would say.
    What i see in pics is a big shit, not worry if is an amputee, the footplate could be for give rigidity to the front.

As you can see the chair was ordered with anti-tippers, in the camber tube are where they get attached.
    So imo the chair was ordered by some idiot DME or some guy without any idea about wheelchairs and the chair was ordered really long for the guy, because as you can see the cog is moved to the maximum forward position and the backrest too, so imo the guy intented with that to get his frame depth as shorter as possible, but nothing sure...

Keep in mind that there are homeless folks in chairs (veterans, non-SCIs, ...), so fit might be secondary. I'm not sure there was lot a choice involved with selecting this chair.

Good point Patton.

..it is easy to forget how fortunate most of us are here on CareCure. Having attended school in the downtown core of my city I am constanted reminded of how privileged many of us are with our perfect kit. Sometimes I feel ashamed to wheel around with wheels and tires that cost more than some monthly incomes. If I had one wish is that DME's and custom wheelchair manufacturers would give something back to folks in their communities that need help.

I, too, thought it might be a second-hand chair, but the measurements still don't make sense to me. That seat depth looks like it's about 35 inches. And if someone's thighs are that long - even if they were an amputee - their arms would have to be longer than what that's set up for; even if you moved the axle to the bottom of the frame. And if the axle were ever that low on the frame, those casters would never work.

And if the footrest is purely structural, why the special, raised footrest? Why not a normal one?

I'm not negative about the chair, I just can't wrap my head around the person it was built for.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Someone could post a question to the listing and find out.
    That would ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I, too, thought it might be a second-hand chair, but the measurements still don't make sense to me. That seat depth looks like it's about 35 inches. And if someone's thighs are that long - even if they were an amputee - their arms would have to be longer than what that's set up for; even if you moved the axle to the bottom of the frame. And if the axle were ever that low on the frame, those casters would never work.

And if the footrest is purely structural, why the special, raised footrest? Why not a normal one?

I'm not negative about the chair, I just can't wrap my head around the person it was built for.

I actually thought I had the mystery solved until you mentioned the footrest. I was thinking that the chair could be for a little person, a dwarf. Some dwarves with disabilities will sit with their legs straight out. That would explain the very long seat and the short distance to the pushrims/wheels. It doesn't explain the footrest though. Argh.

Mystery! Intrigue!

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post

Well, in that case I just won't write and ask lol.

That looks like a Tilite YG (as in, Youth Grow) a discontinued Tilite frame.

http://www.usatechguide.org/itemreview.php?itemid=725

Just to throw you off, those wheels could be 22"'s

Oh, silly me - The listing SAYS it's a YG. Well, at least I guessed right about that kind of chair it was - it's for a kiddo.