Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is my mini-van worth?

How much is my mini-van worth?

I want to sell it. It's a '92 Plymouth Voyager, has the Vantage ramp system with lowered floor, EZ Lock, hand control set-up for a C6 quad, 80,000 miles...any ideas?

Theo: If the van has been maintained and you are the original owner, then I think approximately $10,000. Is this the van that has the ramp that folds out, the door slides back, along with the hydraulic lift?

PN

Paul, how did you come up with that figure? I have a '93 caravan, fully loaded, 152k miles, with a Braun Entervan conversion that I'm going to sell in a few months.

paul, yup. the door is automatic, it has a hydraulic lift, and the ramp automatically folds out.

and btw, i was wrong. my van has 111,000 miles, not 80,000 miles.

Scott: It was a guess, based on prior experience and ownership of two vans. I think the $10,000 figure is in the ball park, but I suggest you check out resources such as the PVA where used vans are often sold. I have another web site that you may want to look at for an appraisal of your van, and they also sell used handicap vans.

http://www.mobilitysales.com/listVehicle.asp

PN

Originally posted by Theophania:

paul, yup. the door is automatic, it has a hydraulic lift, and the ramp automatically folds out.
    and btw, i was wrong. my van has 111,000 miles, not 80,000 miles.
    Theo: I think the price of your van just dropped a little. Good luck.

PN

so um...is it worth $8,000 - $9,000 then? thx

I traded in my 1995 Ford Windstar in July. It had 60,000 miles on it, an IMS conversion with electronic gas/brake, electronic shift and zero-effort steering. Its trade-in value -- with a blown engine -- was $4500.

I was told that my electronic hand controls were pretty much worthless. They cannot be installed on another vehicle. The dealership was going to remove them and ship them to the manufacturer, who decides whether they can be refurbished. I was able to salvage my two EZ Locks.

I was told that a new engine would run about $4000 including labor. So if you add that to the trade-in value, you get $8500 for a low-mileage 1995 van. Selling it privately would yield more $$.

so...paul, whats the quote now on my van if it has 111,000 miles? anyone know?

Theo:

You can put information about your van in the appraisal feature and find out what Mobility Sales & Rental believes it is worth.

http://www.mobilitysales.com/appraisal.shtml

Also, find out what other people are selling their vans for with similar specifications by doing a Google search.

http://www.amsvans.com/?page=classifieds

Personally, I own a Plymouth Grand Voyager [10-year limited-edition] 1995 with 30,000 miles. From the little research that I have done, I think your minivan is worth approximately $8,000. I think it's time to hear from others on this issue. Good luck!

PN