Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with butt pain.

What to do with butt pain.

Well Getting feeling back is a blessing and a curse. Im 27 and suffering from having the butt of a 65 yearold man! In other words I have no butt to talk about I use to be able to crack peanut shells with my butt flexs but not anymore. I am able to somewhat flex my rearend but not enough to help. The pain im experiencing in not nerve pain burning but sitting on my hip bones where my leg meets the hip from the lack of butt fat. Is there something like botox that would help?

butt pain

you have a nerve plexus there and that may well be the culprit. I have this issueand cant sit much anymore. Sorry no answer but look at nerve meds, didnt help me but does some

Ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

I have NO butt most pants etc would slide right off me belts helped a little ANYWAY since my accident I have even less I have gotten two steriod injections in my left peraphormace(spelling) butt muscle & the next will be botox which is suppose last longer although I am getting them for different reason it does seem to help with my bony butt vs chair pain. since I have some saddle numbness unfortunately not there. Hope my rambling makes sense to you

silversol, soon after my injury in '95 I began experiencing what they at Shepherd called "burning butt". When the pain gets bad it feels like I'm sitting on a grill. They put me on Elavil/Amitriptyline and it has worked for me all these years. The pain is always there but to different 'degrees', it actually feels like fire.

I am assuming you went to Shepherd, m surgeon was Herndon Murray, how about you?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    silversol, soon after my injury in '95 I began experiencing what they at Shepherd called "burning butt". When the pain gets bad it feels like I'm sitting on a grill. They put me on Elavil/Amitriptyline and it has worked for me all these years. The pain is always there but to different 'degrees', it actually feels like fire.

I am assuming you went to Shepherd, m surgeon was Herndon Murray, how about you?

Jim
    yes sir I have met doctor murray he was on my floor. I did not have any surgery since nothing in my back was broken, This pain im having it not nerve pain. I use to have bad burning but I really dont have the burning pain anymore I am very lucky in that aspect the pain im having is pressure pain from my lack of a butt

I have been having butt pain for about 5 years or so. I assume my butt is of a 70 or 80 year old man though I am 56 years old. My problme is I have to still figure out if my pain is simply pressure pain or nerve paing or combined. I am confused because I feel still pain mildly even when I don't sit though sitting obviously cause more pain. Can any relate to my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Jim
    Jim, I wonder if "burning butt" is even when you don't apply any pressure to butt or only when with pressure

@silversol -- this sounds like what you're looking for: body fat transplants/transfers
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Yup, many of us have the burning butt. Someone just asked about it in another thread...

It does probably start with neuropathic pain, and this is why it can burn even if you aren't sitting on your butt. For my Dad, it gets worse when he exercises (he is incomplete) and if he sits too long. Pain meds (neurontin, and sometimes a little Tylenol #3) help, and sometimes getting off his butt (standing or lying in bed on his side) help too. He's also just gotten "used to it" and can tolerate more pain before he needs to do something about it...

Also, all of his nerve pain gets worse if he is tired, or if he has an infection brewing.

My burning decreases if i exercise regularly. Laying on my stomach helps, I go to sleep like that every night. The change of seasons flares it up. I have quite a temperamental butt.