Thread: UTI And the Doctor?

UTI And the Doctor?

For the last few days I have been having back and side pain along with burning when urinating and when I have to pee I REALLY have to pee (This has been a problem due to nerves in my spine being cut to reduce tone) but now, there is like a tiny bit of urine when I go, it feels full but it's not.

I am trying to decide whether to go to the doc (urgent care) and have a sample taken or not.

Thoughts?

WG

The back and side pain is characteristic of kidney infections, I'd definitely get checked out.

go see someone!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Yes but urgent care won't run the culture and sensitivity that takes 3 days or so to get final results. Advise seeing a regular doctor during the week before things get worse whenver you can.
    CWO

Urgent care did run a sensitivity. They dipped and it came back as a UTI. Doctor put me on Macorobid for 7 days, 2 times a day and they are also sending the sample off to make sure it isn't resistant to what she gave me. Thanks for the help.

Macrobid is indicated for simple uti's only. Did they ruled out a kidney infection? Hopefully your back and side pain will vanish with the macrobid, if it doesn't you will need a different antibiotic that is indicated for complex uti's.

They didn't... but she did say that they will send the culture off and if it is something else, they will call.

Also 10-14 days is the recommended course for sci uti's, and generally Doctors consider sci uti's as complex. Kidney infections have symptoms all sci's should be aware of. Hope the macrobid is working wg.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig80 View Post
    Also 10-14 days is the recommended course for sci uti's, and generally Doctors consider sci uti's as complex. Kidney infections have symptoms all sci's should be aware of. Hope the macrobid is working wg.

Thanks for all the help, Craig. I don't cath at all (I have Cerebral Palsy and am able to go on my own). I am however very, very tired. I slept from 12-12 and am still tired. Is that a common thing with UTIs?

Yes, fatigue, mind in a fog, tired eyes, sleeping and napping excessively... . You're more than welcome, glad all my years of experience dealing with uti's could help.