Thread: Q-Grip Optimal Grip coated handrims?

Question Q-Grip Optimal Grip coated handrims?

Got an email today about these new coated handrims and was wondering if anyone here has used them and if so how did they like or dislike them?
    Q-Grip: Optimal Grip and Durability in a Fully Coated Handrim
    http://www.out-front.com/qgrip_overview.php
    Checked out the FAQ section and they sound great. I think I will sell my natural fit Lt handrims and buy these IF I can get a price.
    Helga

Helga,

Regarding "... Q-Grip ... IF I can get a price" - currently there is a new product promotion for these rims at Wheelchair Cushion Sage. During this promotion, a pair of Q-Grip handrims is $200 + $16 shipping to anywhere in the continental USA.

Thank you..good price as the web site quotes The retail price for the Q-Grip is $295/pair.
    Helga

It's going to depend on your grip. Most quads need coated handrims because they can't wrap their fingers around regular handrims and rely on the coatings friction/stickiness in order to push.

If you're a para stick with the LT's - they're designed to be ergonomic for most peoples hands, although there are some that dislike them.

The Q-Grip promotion (referenced in post #2 of this topic) has been extended to Nov 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    Got an email today about these new coated handrims and was wondering if anyone here has used them and if so how did they like or dislike them?
    Q-Grip: Optimal Grip and Durability in a Fully Coated Handrim
    http://www.out-front.com/qgrip_overview.php
    Checked out the FAQ section and they sound great. I think I will sell my natural fit Lt handrims and buy these IF I can get a price.
    I have the Q-Grip handrims and I'm very satisfied with their grippiness. I can't compare them with Natural Fits but they are a huge improvement over the vinyl/plastics. I am a C/6-7 quad with no finger function and I have an easier time of pushing my chair, popping little wheelchairs, and just having overall control of my chair.

I got my Q-Grips from WC_Sage, very similar to Push-Blax but the manufacturing quality looks superior, I will update on durability in the future.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

I've had a pair for about 3 months. The grip is just right. I have found them to be very durable - much less likely to cut or "chunk" vs. the standard plastic coated ones. I'd reccomend these to anyone with limited grip.