Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoring Functions of Lower Limbs by Nerve Rerouting

Restoring Functions of Lower Limbs by Nerve Rerouting

In what way should intercostal nerve be rerouted in order to help restore functions of lower limbs? Motor and sensation

Quote Originally Posted by Bitpo View Post
    In what way should intercostal nerve be rerouted in order to help restore functions of lower limbs? Motor and sensation
    Bitpo, most people who have done nerve rerouting have avoided intercostal nerves because they typically don't have a very significant motor component. These are the nerves that run under each rib and they do innervate abdomenal muscles and also back muscles that attach to the ribs. It is not clear that there are clear reflexes so that if you scratch the dermatome innervated by the intercostal nerve, it will cause a motor response.

However, I recently posted a clinical trial in Shanghai (not by Shaochen Zhang but somebody else) where they had bridged T12 to S2 for bladder function. This was the first time that I have heard of anybody doing this and they claim that this restored function to the flaccid bladders.

Wise.

Dr Young,

Do you discourage people to do nerve routing using intercostal nerve? Do you think that improvement following this approach is not much/significant?
    So how do you comment on Dr Zhang's treatment in restoring various function of body?

Doctor Young
    I am very interested in your response to Bitpo. I am currently talking to Doctor Zhang in China. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also I am thinking about attending the seminar next week. If so do you think you could spend 10 minutes with myself and give me some advice? Look forward to hearing from you.
    Ron Powell
    Georgia

Rerouting has alway's been on my mind I just am waiting to see real evidence .
    Restoring any motor function would make me happier .

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Rerouting has alway's been on my mind I just am waiting to see real evidence .
    Restoring any motor function would make me happier .
    I agree. But this procedure has been around so long that it's hard
    to believe it'd still be questionable if it actually helped.

I inquired about it a lot early in my injury. Never heard of any real
    testimonials. Plus, once you're rewired, there's no turning back.

Agreed with Buck ... been watching this as well for a long time ... actually hoping someone would make the leap to cadaver or 'grown in lab' nerves.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Yeppers Like I said I am waiting to see real evidence also if it really helped would make me happy I just dont know
    It's just one of those bewildering inclinations ...

Lynnifer remember a while back when I stated something like i feel like i am alway's Dragging 1/2 a person around lol ?

I am lauging @ myself for thinking about that old post where ever it is in the mountains of bloopers I write .

All these crazy ideas popped in my mind through the years and it is like what Frankenstein or Young frankenstein movies remind me when you say cadaver The scene with the Brain where did you get that Brain ?
    Abi Normal I think was the name lol ?
    Great movie to rewatch i'll look for it tomorrow loved peter boyle

GL

Now I am showing my moldy age lol Buck you say ages lmao sooo true

Buck is a 'young buck.' lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12