Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new Tilite ZRA one Pics

My new Tilite ZRA one Pics

Ok, so it's my first ultralight (first anything other than my old hospital chairs) It's not brand new, it's one of Ti's ex-demo's I got off of eBay....IMOP...it's just about perfect. I was gonna upload some images but it's not wanting to work right now, so I think I'll give it another go tomorrow...and I'll probably take some more pictures then, too.

Specs:

17X17 seat
    19 FSH
    17RSH
    COG: currently all the way back
    Seat Back height: advertised as 14 but I think it's higher than that...
    footrest length: 17
    no push handles
    satin finish titanium frame
    black ano parts
    navy blue back upholstery
    standard-with-chair 2 in cushion foam
    4 in billet casters
    standard double prong Ti caster forks
    clamp on brakes (which I can't get tight!)
    Titanium footrest w/ ABS cover (which needs cleaning really bad...friction tape is on it that's peeling off and the sticky stuff has attracted every particle of grime for a 5 mile radius.)
    quick release standard axles from Ti
    Spinergy Wire wheels 24 in
    Kenda Ironcap gray tires...they don't look half bad actually...and arrived fully inflated. Impressed!
    aluminum fold-down side guards (Yessss no more mudstains on my clothes!)
    adjustable backrest height and angle adjustable and folding
    and of course...anti tippers, since I spazz big from time to time.

So far, I've added an under-seat tote bag, which I retrofitted from a cheap regular ol' dollar store totebag, cut the handles in two, and hemmed and safety pinned the four tabs/straps that were left to the seat rigidizer bar and to the frame at my knees, cut a slit down the middle so I can shove stuff in easily, and shortened the depth of the bag (not exactly a neat job of it...just for short-term until I get something better, it's not exactly aesthetic but I have to have something to shove my enormous binder into tomorrow during the between class rush!) I've also got my backpack rigged up and ready to go to hang on the back of my chair.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, I had to take them in a mirror to get anything of a decent image...me and my shaky hands!
    Last edited by voxina; 09-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

congratz On the new wheels hope you enjoy

Thought you were talking about an ultralight plane lol. Well, glad you're grounded.

Take a few photos with you in it if you would. One with your arms hanging down with fingers pointed. I'm sure we can help set that baby up to be really efficient and fit you right. Congrats on teh new chair; once it's dialed in, you'll really feel the difference.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Thought you were talking about an ultralight plane lol. .
    Haha, not quite a plane, although boy, will that thing fly! I'm gonna try to put up some pics right now.
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

So happy for you voxina. I really hope you enjoy your new wheels. I like reading your posts so keep us informed about all the do-dads you add on.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks guys! The pics are, unfortunatley, of low quality, being from my phone...in a mirror or done blindly. The dog in the pic is my service dog, Mack. Mobility assistance.
    Last edited by voxina; 09-07-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Oh yeah, that's a good looking chair. Nice!

Good chair, sometimes we can find a very good measurement demo chair from ebay.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

OMG. I went to Walmart, and looped around through the store for an hour straight shopping and training with my service dog...my arms aren't sore AT ALL! It just like, glides! I put some shiny black decals on the side guards, and have removed the ratty friction tape from the footplate, and scrubbed off the grime and glue residue. I've cleaned the front frame, too, and am working on making a royal blue upholstery cover. (Blue is my color.) I'm gonna order spoke covers too, that are colored tubes to clip onto the spokes, it will make them look like colored spinergys. I'm still debating whether or not to paint the black ano areas....I love the look of the colored ano, so I figure some automotive grade spraypaint and some dissasembly would give me the same effect, only in whatever color I want. I tried loading a new way this afternoon, it makes it easier because I don't have to take off the anti-tips. Is there a way you can modify anti-tips so you can ride en-wheelie on them? I've got iffy balance and involuntary movements that make it so I'm unsure if it will ever be safe to ride without anti-tippers, but I love the idea of the mobility being able to do wheelies and curb jump would give me.

So happy you are enjoying your new chair. Like your avitar. Have fun....
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).