Thread: aspiring student

aspiring student

I've been trying to decide what I would like to major in for a few years. I incurred a SCI about a year and a half ago, and I figured that instead of waiting for a cure to come along I could help create one. I am leaning towards biological\biomedical engineering, but I'm not sure. So my question is what fields of study are at the forefront of SCI research? How can I help create a cure?

bump

bump

justin, depending on you enjoy and do well, biomedical engineering, biological sciences, cell and molecular biology, neuroscience, and anatomy/physiology are just some of the options for people who would like to do research related to spinal cord injury. You are of course already an expert on spinal cord injury. At the same time, please do not restrict your studies to spinal cord injury or even to the spinal cord or even neuroscience. Study the history, literature, mathematics, and art. This is the most important time of your life. Inhale all the knowledge that you can. You will not have this opportunity again. Wise.

Justin,

Here's what I told oscardude.

Link

Other than the fact that I was really chatty and philosophical that day, I think there's some decent advice in there!

kev

Justin, I have just copied this topic to the Life Forum to attract more answers. I just put a fuller answer there. Please go to this link to get there. Wise.