Thread: Why is it...?

Why is it...?

I was suppose to have a fitting today for a new chair. This is the second appointment for this. The first time I showed up, the PT showed up, but the DME representative never showed. This time the DME rep cancelled two hours before the appointment. The next earliest appointment they can make is next Wednesday so another extra week of using a chair that is literally being held together with zipties (I accept full responsibility for waiting too long to get a new chair).

So, why is it the DME rep can waste my time without penalty but if I cancel an appointment with their office inside of 24hours I could be billed?

ARGH!

E

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    ARGH!
    yes!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Find another dealer if possible. He doesn't deserve the business.

So.....
    I called the DME and the guy there said it was the PT who cancelled with them. Who do I trust? The PT is wanting to swicth DMEs; the DME says I should not stick with a PT who cannot keep appointments. What's worse is I like the PT and the billing guy at the DME and I have talked extensively about how to go about getting the chair quickly through insurance. Now what? Again.... big ARGH!
    E

I hope it doesn't take you as long as it's taking me to get my new chair. I'm at almost five months. WOOT!

Best of luck to you.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Sleep on it. Get relaxed and calm. Then trust your gut feeling.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>