Thread: husband with als

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

husband with als

I would like to get in touch with someone from China..I think Dr Huang.. like hundred of others I am sure...to see if I can get my husband some help.Dont even know how to use this thing..but hoping it gets to the right place

Originally posted by dont want to talk:

I would like to get in touch with someone from China..I think Dr Huang.. like hundred of others I am sure...to see if I can get my husband some help.Dont even know how to use this thing..but hoping it gets to the right place
    Please see OEG Treatment of ALS. I am copying this post to the Cure Forum. Please go there for further answers.

Wise.

DWTT, I just posted a number of recent abstracts of therapies that have been reported to be beneficial in mouse models of ALS in the Neurodegeneration Forum. Have you considered some of these therapies:

1. Marijuana. Several recent studies suggest that cannabinoids may be helpful. The theory is that THC (tetrahydrocannibinoid) has antioxidant and neuroprotective effects.

2. Creatine and COX-2 inhibitors retard ALS progression in mice. Although this study is only in mice and have modest benefits, both creatine and COX-2 inhibitors pose low risk.

3. Arimoclomol (a heat shock protein inducer) retards ALS progression mice, increasing lifespan by 22%.

4. VEGF (Vascular endothelial growth factor) gene therapy increases life expectancy by 30% in mice with the ALS gene. The authors claim that this is the most effective therapy in the field to date.

I wanted to point out some potential alternatives that you might want to consider.

Wise.