Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What you all think about how long it will take?

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    Quote:

Steve, that are responsible words of the responsible scientist and researcher, figuratively speaking, not a "chinese fake".
    Really don’t you think that those in the research field like Dr Silver and Young are doing their best to find a cure ASAP, and to establish at what do’s work in the therapy of spinal cord cure, and what do’s not once and for all.

I too would like to be out this situation as it has hindered my every, life and everything that go’s with it, just as I assume like you are too.

But unless you are able substantiate your claim that Dr Chinese Fake (Young I assume) is fraudulent, or any other then please keep your anger and frustrations at bay in degrading someone.

I also think we will see some improvements within the next decade, but weather substantially or not I don’t know.

There will be some progress in the years to come.

All the best,
    GJ

"Dr Chinese Fake (Young I assume)"
    Well, CAS, you've said that, not me.
    "...keep your anger and frustrations at bay..."
    Nor the first nor the second, but the deepest contempt and disdain.
    Some fun too.

Where is Dr. Wise on this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    "Dr Chinese Fake (Young I assume)"
    Well, CAS, you've said that, not me.
    "...keep your anger and frustrations at bay..."
    Nor the first nor the second, but the deepest contempt and disdain.
    Some fun too.
    hmmmmm Good On you

I'll say ten to fifteen more years. When I was hurt 30 years ago my doctor gave me that time line. He had been my ortho for 20 years before this injury and had always been straight with me putting me back together. He said its like baking bread. You can't rush it. It take time for the dough to rise, the bread to bake, and cool. If you cut a corner you fail. He layed out the time line for me, when research would find DNA, start to grow body parts, slow the initial injury, and begin trails. He has been pretty close on the time line.

I really hope some level of therapy/cure/surgery that enables a meaningful amount of recovery of function happens in the somewhat near future...hopefully in the next 5 to 10 years. Waiting longer than 10 years seems unbearable at this point.

Though I know doctors/researches are working hard on a "cure", but the pace of progress on "fixing" both acute and chronic injuries always seems insanely slow... It's been 17 years since my injury...I can't wait another 17 to get out of this wheelchair.

------
    C4/5, "incomplete", powerchair user, lotsa pain

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    Where is Dr. Wise on this one ?

I would like to share my goal with you. I hate waiting as much as you do, my injury was in 2001. I'm 27 right now, close to 28.

In the short term, I would like to recover something, at least try. That's why i would like to join a trail within the next 3 years. Dr Wise one would be great. If it's not possible to join any that i care, i would consider one of those clinic around the world, I'll do my research. Still i would wait at least for safety data, don't wanna try anything that could put my life on big risk.

Then I'm hoping a door may open by year 5. In other words, I'm hoping that 5 years from now, we will hear good news about the cure.

My end goal is by the time I'm 40. 12 years from now. I picture myself doing most the things that I Stoped doing because of my condition.

All in all, I want to believe that 12 years from now, there would be a cure. That been said, I'm hoping that a door will open in the next 3 and 5 years.

Wise has commented many times on this subject. Do a search and find them; I trust he is busy working on a cure or flying to some far a way place meeting with others with the same goal.