Thread: want to use a cellphone as an emergency response system

want to use a cellphone as an emergency response system

I’m a c5 with a standing chair, which has a “crash bar” on which my cellphone is mounted. It’s a great setup because I always has access to it. I’m able to use it fairly easily. I just flip it open and speed dial, choose a contact, or dial w/the keypad.

I intended to use this also as an emergency response system as well, but if I was unable, for some reason, to flip open the phone and dial, it wouldn’t help me. However, going to a phone that I could voice dial without having to hit any buttons first wouldn’t work either, because anything I said could be confused w/a command.

Another option is a Bluetooth earpiece, which would work great if I could hit the button to make a call (the one on mine is extremely tiny ). Anyone know about one w/a larger button?

The “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” device didn’t work for me.

Advice, anyone?
    "courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    I’m a c5 with a standing chair, which has a “crash bar” on which my cellphone is mounted. It’s a great setup because I always has access to it. I’m able to use it fairly easily. I just flip it open and speed dial, choose a contact, or dial w/the keypad.

I intended to use this also as an emergency response system as well, but if I was unable, for some reason, to flip open the phone and dial, it wouldn’t help me. However, going to a phone that I could voice dial without having to hit any buttons first wouldn’t work either, because anything I said could be confused w/a command.

Another option is a Bluetooth earpiece, which would work great if I could hit the button to make a call (the one on mine is extremely tiny ). Anyone know about one w/a larger button?

The “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” device didn’t work for me.

Advice, anyone?
    Why?A friend of mine has one and it seems like just about anyone could wack the button thing.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

The devices at this website use a magnetic "button" to turn on a bluetooth headset without having to push any buttons.
    http://www.nobuttonsheadset.com/

All the best,
    GJ