Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StemCells To Present Interim Data

StemCells To Present Interim Data

http://markets.dealbreaker.com/break.../read/22152983
    StemCells To Present Interim Data
    By: MarketMinute.com Stock News

Posted on August 30, 2012 at 16:41 PM EDT
    StemCells Inc. (Nasdaq: STEM) will present interim data from a Phase I/II clinical trial in chronic spinal cord injury at the 51st Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society on September 3, 2012. The stock price surged 35 cents to close at $1.96.

StemCells, Inc. to Announce Interim Data on Spinal Cord Injury Trial at the 2012 Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society

NEWARK, Calif., Aug. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- StemCells, Inc. (STEM) today announced that Armin Curt, MD, Professor and Chairman of the Spinal Cord Injury Center at Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, and principal investigator for the Company's Phase I/II clinical trial in chronic spinal cord injury, will make an oral presentation on the progress of the trial on Monday, September 3 at the 51st Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society (ISCOS), which is being held in London, England, on September 3-5, 2012.
    In his presentation, Dr. Curt will present six-month interim data from the first patient cohort in the trial. The three patients in the first cohort all have thoracic (chest-level) spinal cord injury classified as AIS A, in which there is no neurological function below the injury level. The second and third cohorts will be patients classified as AIS B and AIS C, those with less severe injury, in which there is some preservation of sensory or motor function. In addition to assessing safety, the trial will assess preliminary efficacy based on defined clinical endpoints, such as changes in sensation, motor function and bowel/bladder function. The trial is being conducted at Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, a world leading medical center for spinal cord injury and rehabilitation, and is open for enrollment to patients in Europe, Canada and the United States.

For more info: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stemce...135819753.html

Note: there is web link so you can listen to the live broadcast Sept. 4.

i'm looking forward to his presentation since i have met him in person and talked extensively about the trial.
    he is a very serious and credible scientist. Information presented to date is that the 3 Asia A cohorts have successfully tolerated the cells and a given proven safety standard set to date.
    I too am very very interested in efficacy results but alas the pace of the trail is very very slow.
    those who wish to enroll for a screening test are welcome to contact the study nurse, all expenses in travel, accommodation, food and care for accepted candidates and a companion will be paid by stem cell inc.
    Last edited by peterf; 08-31-2012 at 09:53 AM.

StemCells, Inc. (Nasdaq:STEM) today announced that interim six-month data from the first patient cohort in the Company's Phase I/II clinical trial of its proprietary HuCNS-SC® product candidate (purified human neural stem cells) for chronic spinal cord injury continues to demonstrate a favorable safety profile, and shows considerable gains in sensory function in two of the three patients compared to pre-transplant baselines. The third patient remains stable.
    Complete article: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/stemce...20120903-00062

Good news and better still when Dr Armin Curt changes the word shows to has been proven.
    When i had the opportunity to talk to Profs Curt in person his trial assessment was that of 90% safe and 4% efficacy. He had talked also about the use of a scaffold system and the Nogo effect. i do wonder sometimes if the Swiss medical authorities may allow stem cell inc to change the protocol for further inclusion study insight but as to this having to be done in a new study i don't know.
    he probably assumed i was quite technical but i am not, comments by Wise about the above would be appreciated.
    Last edited by peterf; 09-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.

http://www.rttnews.com/1958016/stemc...l.aspx?type=qf

StemCells Announces Positive Interim Data From Spinal Cord Injury Trial
    E-MAIL SHARE FONT-SIZE
    9/3/2012 7:08 AM ET
    (RTTNews) - StemCells Inc. (STEM:Quote) announced that interim six-month data from the first patient cohort in the company's Phase I/II clinical trial of its proprietary HuCNS-SC product candidate (purified human neural stem cells) for chronic spinal cord injury continues to demonstrate a favorable safety profile, and shows considerable gains in sensory function in two of the three patients compared to pre-transplant baselines. The third patient remains stable.

The trial represents the first time that neural stem cells have been transplanted as a potential therapeutic agent for spinal cord injury.

The company stated that Patients in the study's first cohort all suffered a complete injury to the thoracic (chest-level) spinal cord. In a complete injury, there is no neurological function below the level of injury. All three patients were transplanted four to nine months after injury with a dose of 20 million cells at the site of injury. The surgery, immunosuppression and the cell transplants have been well tolerated by all the patients.

There were no abnormal clinical, electrophysiological or radiological responses to the cells, and all the patients were neurologically stable through the first six months following transplantation. Changes in sensitivity to touch, heat and electrical stimuli were observed in well-defined and consistent areas below the level of injury in two of the patients, while no changes were observed in the third patient, the company said.

Importantly, tests of perception of different sensory stimuli as well as measures of electrical impulse transmission across the site of injury correlate with the clinical examination, providing independent and objective confirmation of the changes in sensory function.
    Last edited by chilacas; 09-03-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: add tex

Martin McGlynn, Chief Executive Officer, Stem Cells, Inc. along with Aileen Anderson, PhD, Associate Professor, Reeve-Irvine Research Center will be presenting at the Working 2 Walk Science and Advocacy Symposium and available to answer questions.

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

This information was presented today at the International Spinal Cord Society’s (ISCoS) annual meeting in London on Sept. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

This information was presented today at the International Spinal Cord Society’s (ISCoS) annual meeting in London on Sept. 3.
    We had the information in french too..
    http://translate.google.com/translat...6.html&act=url
    I wrote Armin Curt to ask if it could be feasible to receive that foetal cells injection outside of the trial. Here's the answer of his secretary:
    Unfortunately we must inform you, that because of your medical history you don't fulfil the strictly wielded inclusion criteria for the mentioned ongoing study and the actual study phase (the injury may not be older than one year). It isn’t possible, to receive a therapy of transplantation outside the trial. We must first complete this ongoing trial (about 2 more years) before we can reassess if it would be possible to conduct another trial. So unfortunatelly it isn't possible for me to answer your question at this point if it will ever be possible to receive a treatment outside of the trial.
    2 more years for the actual trial, than another one, so may be an approval in 30 years. Some of us will be dead without having the opportunity to try something. May be extending the trial to other centers ?.. I guess StemCells inc will be interested to sell their cells to others and win some money.. What do you think ??..

Quote Originally Posted by George78 View Post
    We had the information in french too..
    http://translate.google.com/translat...6.html&act=url
    I wrote Armin Curt to ask if it could be feasible to receive that foetal cells injection outside of the trial. Here's the answer of his secretary:

2 more years for the actual trial, than another one, so may be an approval in 30 years. Some of us will be dead without having the opportunity to try something. May be extending the trial to other centers ?.. I guess StemCells inc will be interested to sell their cells to others and win some money.. What do you think ??..
    The study should be taken as a study. The safety phase has a 4 year period.For stem cell inc to sell their unproven therapy as of now it would put them on par with all the other scam clinics selling cell therapy to date.
    In addendum to put a patient at risk with unproven therapy for a financial profit is not only unprofessional and against medical ethics but criminal. may i refer you to thread 5. findings from this study may cause Stem cell inc to change the protocol agreement with the swiss medical authorities, this if approved will either have to be done in a new study or the onging one, the mentioning of a new study in your post is news to me, did emanual edith the study nurse tell you this or Dr Curt
    Thanks for your post just the same.
    Last edited by peterf; 09-05-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: s