Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    be careful with the cushion because since you don't have history of skin breakdown and have feeling most insurancs won't pay for the more expensive cushions. They don't care about comfort!!
    Thanks for the warning. As long as I order it while I am getting the chair it should not be a problem (I say with my fingers crossed for luck).
    E

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    @Stephen212 NICE! Is this with the "Superlite Edition"? Did you paint the casters or is this an option I am not seeing on the order form?
    E
    If I am not mistaken...Stephen212 got those casters from Sportaid separate from the TiLite chair itself...similar to these...

http://www.sportaid.com/3-x-1.5-frog...re-colors.html
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Here are some weights from the Quickie Q7 order form. It will give you some idea.

Attachment 46321
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

@chasmengr Thank you!! I wish there was a standard for reporting weight. The TiLite website reports the TR3 at 9.3 lbs but I am sure that is without wheels, etc. for a 16 x 16. It makes it difficult to compare. I wish TiLite gave the weight of all the components individually too. But, like my Mom always said, "If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.". With that said, the chart you provided is AWESOME. It truly shows how the weights can add up. Thank you again!
    E

I'm currently in a TiLite TR and have had it 11 1/2 years. The only problems that I've had during this time is I broke one of the threaded inserts on the axel housing and my footrest is worn through so bad that it now looks like a sawblade. I have the standard 18 spoke wheels and weighed one this past Monday and it weighed 4.1 lbs including the axel. I ran 5" casters until last fall then changed to 4" and wouldn't go back, although 95% of the time I'm on hard surfaces.
    I ordered a new TR3 last Monday and should have it around the middle of September.

As for a cushion, I have used an Uti-mate foam cushion made by Invacare for almost 20 years. I replace it every 2 to 2 1/2 years and to me it's very comfortable which a gel type cushion isn't for me.

Good Luck!
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    @chasmengr Thank you!! I wish there was a standard for reporting weight. The TiLite website reports the TR3 at 9.3 lbs but I am sure that is without wheels, etc. for a 16 x 16. It makes it difficult to compare.
    E
    Yes, the weight is without wheels and TiLite states this, but it can be easy to miss.

* Weights based on 16” x 16” wheelchairs (12” x 12” for youth chairs) with all standard features except rear wheels. Rear wheels are not included due to the varying weights of the numerous wheel configurations offered by TiLite. For reference, a pair of standard 24” rear wheels weighs 7.2 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Yes, the weight is without wheels and TiLite states this, but it can be easy to miss.

* Weights based on 16” x 16” wheelchairs (12” x 12” for youth chairs) with all standard features except rear wheels. Rear wheels are not included due to the varying weights of the numerous wheel configurations offered by TiLite. For reference, a pair of standard 24” rear wheels weighs 7.2 lbs
    That font is so small; oh my gosh! Thanks for the information.
    E