Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten frequently asked questions concerning cure of spinal cord injury

Blog Entries

Hey Dr Young, while shopping in Shantou could you..

..take a breather from such self indulgence and pick us up the means and method for at least a partial recovery for paralysis?
    I promised my family i'd get off my ass and use my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by tony89103
    I AM C6-C7 INCOMPLETE,PLEASE ADVISE WHEN TRIALS ARE AVAIABLE AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO GO WHERE-EVER.THANKS AGAIN.

TONY
    Tony, we are trying to work out a mechanism whereby overseas participants can be part of the trial. One of the things that we are discussing is the possibility that certain centers can provide a separate "clinical study" that would be separate from the main trial. The details are not clear. As soon as they are, I will post. Thanks. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C.
    ..take a breather from such self indulgence and pick us up the means and method for at least a partial recovery for paralysis?
    I promised my family i'd get off my ass and use my hands.
    Tim, hi. We have been visiting Shantou Medical Center to see if we can recruit them to become part of the ChinaSCINet and also to see if they are interested in helping us organize a GMP cell production facility. We are visiting various centers in China in the coming months. I haven't been shopping much in China. Will be coming back to the U.S. today. As you know, it is a long flight, about 15.5 hours back to Newark. It has been a whirlwind of meetings. Wise.

Dr. Young, everything you say is useful.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I had unstuck this thread earlier but so many of the frequently asked questions are recurring, I am sticking this back up until I can write a more up-to-date version.

Wise.

Dr. Young, can you please update us on question 2 (when)?, this thread is almost two years old and you mention second generation treatments available in four years. Has the timeline changed?

I apologize if you have answered this a trillion times before.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

expensive wise Young when could you entered one of it is group in your tests private clinic. acorda,novartis,biogen,bioxane thank you

Wise Young An Update

Quote Originally Posted by fti
    Wise Young An Update
    fti and moto,

Please forgive my delay. There is not a lot of new information available and I have discussed almost all the treatments in details.

A review of umbilical cord blood transplant effects on brain and spinal cord injury

A summary of cell-based therapies being tried now in people with spinal cord injury around the world

There is a recent update on olfactory ensheathing glia in China, provided in two papers by Hongyun Huang, in Huang: Safety and factors influencing recovery in SCI patients after OEC transplants.

Here are some ongoing clinical trials and you can find out about each by doing a search.

Subacute (2 weeks after injury)
    • Bioaxone. Cethrin (C3) treatment of subacute spinal cord injury (SCI).
    • Proneuron. Activated macrophage transplants in subacute SCI.
    • Indianapolis/Purdue. Alternating current stimulation of subacute SCI.
    • Inchon (Korea). Bone marrow stem cell autografts and GM-SCM.
    • Zhengzhou (China). Intrathecal bone marrow stem cell autografts.
    • Kunming (China). Fetal Schwann cells.
    • Tianjin (China). Peripheral nerve Schwann cell autografts.

Chronic (>1 year after injury)
    • Huang. Fetal olfactory ensheathing glia (OEG) transplants.
    • Lima. Nasal mucosa autograft transplants.
    • Novartis. IN-1 antibody against Nogo in chronic SCI.
    • Rabinovich (Novosibirsk). Fetal neural stem cells in chronic SCI.
    • MacKay-Sims (Brisbane). Adult olfactory ensheathing glia autografts.
    • Chang-hun (Seoul, Korea). HLA-matched umbilical cord blood transplant
    • Aventis (U.S., Australia). HP184 treatment to improve nerve conduction

There are other clinical centers that are doing cell transplants into people with spinal cord injury but I don't have independent verification of what they are doing or what the trials are.
    • Neurovita. Bone marrow stem cell autografts (intrathecal?)
    • Cells4Health. Bone marrow stem cell autografts (intraspinal transplant)
    • Neuroaxo. Iron chelators and BPY-DCA (Cordaneurin)
    • Beike. Umbilical cord blood stem cell transplants (http://www.stemcellschina.com/content/view/6/22/)

There many places that I would not recommend and therefore will not mention.

i heard something about blue shark stem cell implants in Tijuana, MEX.

any good news about it or is it all just bull......shark?
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened