Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten frequently asked questions concerning cure of spinal cord injury

Damagedgoods,

I met Dr. Young in September, 2003!

Welcome to this informative SCI Forum!!
    Suzanne

Lori in Pittsburgh....

Quote Originally Posted by weepinglamb
    finally i made the decision to take the 1 1/2 hour ride in the medicade van back to
    pittsburgh for my outpatient.

5..as i said earlier i was never reevaluated by my dr., who by all this time and suffering, i've lost most of my trust and faith in
    Hi Lori,
    I hope things are going well for you.
    My daugter was injured while away at school in 2004 and is a C-4 incomplete. We are also in Pittsburgh or actually right outside of Pittsburgh in Beaver.
    Do you mind me asking what out patient facility you are going to in Pittsburgh?

We found that the two most beneficial places for her have been CORA rehab center in Kennedy township for bio feed back - this is OT, and UPMC on the South Side for OT. I have the numbers for both of these if you need them.
    Best of luck,
    Mary

Suzanne, thanks. Yes, we met in 2003. By the way, this topic is getting out of date and I am writing a replacement topic. So, I am unsticking it from the top. As soon as I finish an updated summary, I will post it.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by poonsuzanne
    Damagedgoods,

I met Dr. Young in September, 2003!

Welcome to this informative SCI Forum!!

dr. young

Is it not true that no therapy being tested right now has showed disappointing results?

Quote Originally Posted by damagedgoods
    Is it not true that no therapy being tested right now has showed disappointing results?
    I am not sure that I understand your question because it is a triple negative statement: not true, no therapy, disappointing. Let me simplify the statement into a single negative. Yes, many therapies that are being tested in clinical trial have shown disappointing results. However, all the therapies have been just cell transplants without combinations. Wise.

where no one has gone before...SW Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by mphemenway
    Hi Lori,
    I hope things are going well for you.
    My daugter was injured while away at school in 2004 and is a C-4 incomplete. We are also in Pittsburgh or actually right outside of Pittsburgh in Beaver.
    Do you mind me asking what out patient facility you are going to in Pittsburgh?

We found that the two most beneficial places for her have been CORA rehab center in Kennedy township for bio feed back - this is OT, and UPMC on the South Side for OT. I have the numbers for both of these if you need them.
    Best of luck,
    Mary
    Dear Mary,
    it is just by coincidence that I re visited the thread that you asked the question on. I go to the South side facility for both PT and OT. They, highly recommended , but I don't think they have all the equipment that I need. Be sure to know what you Want and need for your daughter and call ahead to see if they have all of your needs. If you're still not sure , just set up of time to visit it and look around for yourself. Be sure to ask questions. I can vouch for the OT program , which is excellent. I'm simply dissatisfied with the PT program.
    Please feel free to ask me any other questions,
    Lori
    Please Visit My Blog at: http://queenquad.blogspot.com

But those who wait on the Lord
    Shall renew their strength;
    They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
    They shall run and not be weary,
    They shall walk and not faint
    Isaiah 40:31

I think I might give it a try to figure out what he meant. That have any therapies resulted in more loss of function
    Don't ignore the Reeve Legacy, Remember he and Dana supported open research and fought hard for ESCR

StemCellBattles

Support H.R. 810

Dear Mary,
    it is just by coincidence that I re visited the thread that you asked the question on. I go to the South side facility for both PT and OT. They, highly recommended , but I don't think they have all the equipment that I need. Be sure to know what you Want and need for your daughter and call ahead to see if they have all of your needs. If you're still not sure , just set up of time to visit it and look around for yourself. Be sure to ask questions. I can vouch for the OT program , which is excellent. I'm simply dissatisfied with the PT program.
    Lori
    Hi Lori,
    We currently see Lynne for OT on the South Side... My daughter has seen her for about a year now. Is that who you are seeing for OT? We really like her a lot. As a matter a fact we will be seeing her tomorrow.

Like I said earlier, my daughter goes to OT on the South Side and to CORA Rehab in Kennedy Township for bio feedback therapy. Have you tried that yet? Here is the link. This has actually been the most beneficial for my daughter. We saw extremely positive results from this.

http://www.corahealth.com/clinics/cl...sp?clinicId=25
    Take care,
    Mary

Dear Mary,
    Lori
    Hi Lori,
    We currently see Lynne for OT on the South Side... My daughter has seen her for about a year now. Is that who you are seeing for OT? We really like her a lot. As a matter a fact we will be seeing her tomorrow.

Like I said earlier, my daughter goes to OT on the South Side and to CORA Rehab in Kennedy Township for bio feedback therapy. Have you tried that yet? Here is the link. This has actually been the most beneficial for my daughter. We saw extremely positive results from this.

http://www.corahealth.com/clinics/cl...sp?clinicId=25
    Take care,
    Mary

Dr. Young

Dr. Young
    I am new to this forum and SCI (7 months post). Trying to digest all this information here and on the internet is overwhelming. I have a lot of questions for you so I apologize if I'm rambling. On the first page of this thread "top 10 questions" was from late 2004. Could you give me in your opinion an updated timeline of available, safe and effective therapies that would change my condition. I also want to know if embryonic is the way things will go as a "cure", should I take to having some of my own eggs frozen for future use? I'm in my late thirties so now would be the time before I run out so to speak. And lastly I want to take off like 25 pounds, could you suggest some exercises that would help.

I also wanted to say, it is so refreshing to have someone like you looking out for people like us. Thank you!

Ginger