Thread: A chance to talk about cure

A chance to talk about cure

Finally we can set our own priorities. Read the link before taking the survey! I'm not a firm believer in surveys about spinal cord injury, but this very open ended survey let's you set the agenda instead of having to chose between limited answers. Please read before taking the survey. http://stemcellsandatombombs.blogspo...ities.html?m=0

Dennis, I dont know if conversations like this will bring us further to what we all want to achieve. One individual want its bbs back the other one wants to walk. I think its important to set the goals high to reach the unreachable.....a spinal cord which regenerates 100% will lead to 100% recovery.....

Quote Originally Posted by KK11
    Dennis, I dont know if conversations like this will bring us further to what we all want to achieve. One individual want its bbs back the other one wants to walk. I think its important to set the goals high to reach the unreachable.....a spinal cord which regenerates 100% will lead to 100% recovery.....
    You're exactly right. That's why unlike other surveys which ask ridiculous questions about what we want back, this survey is completely open ended. This survey allows people to ask questions so I urge you to take it and ask: "How can we repair the damaged spinal cord to restore function?' You'll notice that the blog makes reference to past surveys in which the answers are already clear, this survey doesn't do that. It let's you drive by asking questions. I hope you all take the survey and let them know that for us the ultimate quality of life is cure which means repairing the damaged spinal cord to restore function.

Hmm, not many questions at all. I'm filling mine out tomorrow on a PC rather than a mobile app. I want all chronic research and trials to include non-traumatic SCIs also. It seems for most atraumatics without a disease follow on we have healthier cords.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Hmm, not many questions at all. I'm filling mine out tomorrow on a PC rather than a mobile app. I want all chronic research and trials to include non-traumatic SCIs also. It seems for most atraumatics without a disease follow on we have healthier cords.
    There is basically only one question, and that's your question/questions to researchers. This is a chance to put "repair of the injured spinal cord to restore function" as a priority in spinal cord injury research, including what is know as "quality of life"

I would ask a little different question as suggested by the Cure Girls here: http://curegirls.wordpress.com/2013/...e-want-a-cure/

The devil is in the details.

Paolo

Or " repair of the atraumatic injured spinal cord to restore full function". ..