Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake's surgery in China

Jake's surgery in China

Jake's operation is set to start at 8:00 am on monday Beijing, 7:00 pm tonight (central time).

Please pray for him;

JJG

Best wishes to Jake.
    Please keep us updated with his progress.

Absolutely, Dr JJ
    Prayers and more prayers your son's way.
    Please keep us posted. We care.
    Cathy J
    Just realized, he's possibly in surgery right now...everyone, stop and say a prayer!

I pary for him!
    Wish him the best result.

Dear Friends:
    Jakes surgery lasted 6 hours. It went very well. I am not sure why it lasted so long. I will let you know more as I find out additional info.

Thanks for your prayers:

JJG

Extra time (2 hours) for the surgery was needed to remove a large subarchnoid cyst in the area of the original C4-5 injury. It was more complicated than they initially thought. No major problems, just more time consuming. Dr. Lee did Jake's surgery, while Dr. Huang was operating on another individual.
    It is my conjecture that they had to be very carefull with the omentum transpositon that was left over from Dr. Kao's surgery 3 years ago. Those of you that have had Kao's work may want to consider this when you have more "up-to-date" treatments!

JJG

Best of luck Doc to your Jake.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Dr. JJ,

Wishing Jake the best possible recovery. He's in my prayers.

If you find out any more about the omentum left from Dr. Kao's surgery, please let us know. I had an MRI Saturday and will get the results later today.

I thought Jake's cyst was gone. Did it come back? Thank God they were able to remove it.

Jan

Jan:

Jake had a cyst that was removed 3 years ago by Kao. However, a large subarchnoid space appeared in a recent MRI. It was removed early this AM in China. Dr. Scott Fauci of Craig Institute said that the large space (not a cyst)may have resulted from the omentum, which is atill clearly visible in his most recent MRI.

JJG.

Jan:

A cyst or space is not removed like a tumor, rather it is deflated like a balloon. The omentum is what concerns me. If it is still there 3 years later, then it is probably vascularized and could be problematic to remove. I am not sure what role it now plays in recovery or lack there of ??? Only time will tell.

JJG