Thread: Tips for getting your feet into boots?

Tips for getting your feet into boots?

I'm going to be outside in the cold weather a bit more than usual this year due to a class I'm taking, and realized I'd better get a pair of boots to keep my feet warm. I've always had trouble getting my feet into boots (can't just shove them in) so I searched Zappos and came up with a pair that zipped all the way down the back. I was able to get my feet in that way, but the friction from sliding my foot in was enough to painfully bend my big toe. I managed to solve that problem using a piece of plastic from a gallon milk jug to slide in under my toes, but does anyone have a better solution to cut down on the time it takes to get in the boots? Anyone coat the inside of boots with slippery stuff, for example?

The boots in question are pleather, so I'm not sure I'll be able to stretch them.

Sorels a couple sizes too big if necessary. I use to cut the tongue in half when I wore them at work, to make it easier to get on and off.
    Plastic bag over your sock, but your foot will sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
    ... to solve that problem using a piece of plastic from a gallon milk jug to slide in under my toes,
    Unclear if you are leaving said plastic in the boot while wearing them... All I can think is pressure sore.

I'd be more inclined to do like bfd said. Cut your losses and buy some big bad ass uggs, something loose .. If someone questions your shoe size shove one up their butt.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Unclear if you are leaving said plastic in the boot while wearing them... All I can think is pressure sore.
    No, that plastic is flexible enough to come out before the boot gets zipped up.

Boots

I have worn a low heel side zip boot for 40 years now..like Go Go boots. The boots side zipper allow them to open pretty wide to easily slip my stocking foot in and out quickly and has been a toe saver many times. I had a leather pair but they were very stiff and I had some raw areas where they did not give..so pleather for me also.
    Helga

I have a problem getting my foot into boots also. Do you have a problem with your toes curling under? I do and that's what mostly prevents me from getting my foot in. In certain shoes I am able to get my hand into the top of the shoe to push them back down but I can't do this with boots because there is no room to get my hand in. So now I only buy boots that lace up. However, I was looking at these toe straightners. I'm going to give them a try and I'll post on if they help any. There are several different kind to choose from.

http://www.amazon.com/Pedifix-Double...bxgy_hpc_img_y

http://www.amazon.com/FootSmart-Hamm...f=pd_sim_hpc_4

http://www.amazon.com/Darco-Toe-Alig...f=pd_sim_hpc_5

Stockings and gold bond powder.

I'd taken a look at those toe splints as well, but my feet are way too small for any "one size fits all" products. Anyone know what they're made out of? Probably have to fashion my own.

Powder, that's something I haven't tried. Will report back!

A SCI nurse practitioner showed me these. Spasticity is a bitch.

http://www.3pointproducts.com/toe-loop-for-hammertoes/
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I second on the Uggs. Your feet will easily slide in and they keep your feet toasty.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child