Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incomplete Paraplegic Cauda Equina Injury ???

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Tramadol is non narcotic and weaker than oxycodone. That said, I get a better response to 100mgs tramadol than to a percocet.
    Ya a percocet is only 5mg oxycodone. I have been able to survive like a day on tramadol mixed with alcohol when I ran out of oxy's but after that it wasn't very helpful.

I was just prescribed Tapentadol (Nucynta) and taken off percacet because my back pain is not under control. 21 months ago L1Burst with some equine injury. My PN is also spreading and I am really concerned about that. I am not sure id that is to be expected or not. My PN got worse after I had a total knee replacement 4 months ago. Knee is fine now, but back is worse. Dr tried to tell me it is because I have so much hardware in me. Going to get a second opinion on the 12th.

Some of the side effects of Tapentadol seem pretty scarey, do any of you take this drug?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated..
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

They made me try the Nucynta......the only thing that did was empty my purse! If you're lucky enough to have any meds help, it usually ends up being a cocktail of meds.

I take Methacarbamol 750mg three times a day, Gabapentin 800mg four times a day, MS Morphine 30mg three times a day, and Percacet 10-325 three times a day......and I'm still up all night long......but, it's been the best combo I've tried, and I've tried a lot. For me, they tell me this is as good as it's going to get, because it's going to get worse as time goes on.