Thread: Using Mobile Phone while Charging

Cool Using Mobile Phone while Charging

Do we need to turn off the mobile phone while it is being charged? Is it harmful to the phone if it is being used while being charged?

Nope, not harmful to the phone at all. If you're using the phone while charging it can take a little longer to charge though.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

I always thought that if you use the mobile phone whilst it was charging then you were damaging the battery life, can anyone confirm that?
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

Can’t imagine it would do any appreciable damage, maybe a small negative impact on the battery conditioning, but I doubt it. Even if you are using the phone while it’s charging it's still getting enough power from the wall/your vehicle to continue charging. And I definitely wouldn’t go through the hassle of actually turning my phone off!
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    No, if its competently designed. It should use power from USB or charger when plugged in. If charged battery should only be float charged or out of circuit while power is applied.

There are some rock bottom ones. If you kill them then get something better.

I have my iPhone in on desk, in car and at home. Only on battery when in pocket. Its an old iPhone 3GS still going.

I think it is dangerous to answer the call when phone is being charged;because the signal will be very high to reach and there is some consequences with the call answering!It is better to avoid calls when we answer!!

Your phone gets charged with a low amperage 5 V signal… Definitely not dangerous or something to be worried about.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon

USB can be DC 5 V superimposed on mains

Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
    I think it is dangerous to answer the call when phone is being charged;because the signal will be very high to reach and there is some consequences with the call answering!It is better to avoid calls when we answer!!
    This is lethal if computer is class I (earthed) and phone on faulty charger that is not class II (double insulated) or III (SELV).

Always check if USB charger has class II or III mark and if it also has conformance mark or was made under a certified QA scheme.

There was a fatality in Western Australia not that long ago.

Macs with the cables are class I. With the duckhead are class II.

The iDevice USB chargers are class II. Some of the knock offs are class 0 (where USB becomes live).

If both are double insulated then your ear holes are quadrupal insulated so you would have to be very unlucky.
    Last edited by zagam; 10-09-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Recent death in Western Australia