Thread: Quality PC from Humana challenge is on!

Quality PC from Humana challenge is on!

Time to get a new PC from Humana. They have purchased 2 BounderPlus Classics over the last 16 years. First one took me three years to get. Found out someone I knew had a very good working relationship with someone high up the Humana food chain. Made one phone call and the very next day I got a call from someone at Humana saying whatever chair you want go get it. That simple. Chair number 2 was easy. Told Dr. I need a new chair and he wrote a prescription. They had to go out of network and gave out a POA. Took about one month for chair to arrive.

This time it's going to be like the first time. The first step was to have a face-to-face meeting with my doctor and get a prescription - done.

Step number 2 was to have a home evaluation. It was done today by company called ROTECH. That is where Humana tries to get all its durable medical equipment from. I have dealt with this place before. It's where I get my cushions and bedding supplies from. They have no one to evaluate seating or any type of measuring. I desperately need a butt map for cushion and probably need a reclining seat. The deal with none of that. The chairs I have got have all been through POA's. It's a game. So I guess it's GAME ON!

They are trying to get me to take a Jazzy. A BounderPlus down to Jazzy? It ain't happening!

Could probably end this with 1 phone call but don't won't to use that connection. I will only do that as a last resort. Donnie

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Almost anything but Pride Mobility junk.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt