Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find a driver?

Where to find a driver?

It has been a while since I have posted on here. But I figured that someone out there may have some type of answer. My P.A. is about to loose her license due to going blind. I have a nice Town car but I need a driver now. how would I go about finding one that can do this? All my friends have full time jobs and can't help. My family all live in another town. Is there some type of org. that could point me in the right direction?

Can you drive yourself? Can't remember your level of injury. Do you have access to accessible public transportation (bus) or paratransit?

(KLD)

Ya, it has been a long time I think the last time I was on was to talk to qud79 back in November of 2010 just after heath died. Um, I am a C5/C6 Incomplete. I live in a small college town and the bus runs like every hour or so and hits the stores and main Dr. office's but I would have to trvle a 1/4 vmile to get to the stop. I need to know if ther is someone type of org. that chas drivers to do things like this. my car, gas and a few bucks there way.

http://www.837ride.com/pdf/ada-paratransit.pdf

Any person with a disability who has a specific impairment-related condition that prevents him or
    her from traveling to or from a boarding or disembarking location can use the service.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Oh!, by the way I have a lot of Dr. appt. out of town, some are about an hour and a half away, (the main ones) and mri machines because the towns I am around refuse to do me because of a baclofene pump. and this is where my Dr. is for to re-start it the pump is. And the home care nurse that usually does the refills here at the house said that I was the last patient she has now for the pump in this area. This means I will have to go out of town to get refilled every three mo.
    We just found out today about her vision. don't get me wrong we knew this was comming she has bulls eye magacular and there is nothing they can do. So I am kind of freakinking out an I know you all have helped me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    http://www.837ride.com/pdf/ada-paratransit.pdf

Any person with a disability who has a specific impairment-related condition that prevents him or
    her from traveling to or from a boarding or disembarking location can use the service.
    So you are saying they will come to my house to pick me up?

Maybe the job placement office of the college could help you find one or two students who need some part time employment.

All the best,
    GJ

That could be a choice, all I have to do is book the time ... And hope they do not want to borrow the car during or after the Dr. appt. (Lincoln Town car, mint condition).

Curb to curb service it says... I'd call.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Where I live, paratransit will only take a rider within the county. Sounds as if Darrel has a greater need. I hated using paratransit before I started driving! Well, you get what you pay for, and paratrasit drivers only get paid $8/hour. I paid for a taxi, rather than trust Paratransit. That said, check into hiring a student to drive you in your comfortable Town Car. Mr. SoFla drives an old TC. It is SWEET!!!