Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Updates Re: PattheRat's Invention?

Seems like Spinergy is getting greedy like so many other equipment man. did. Quickie, Top End, Shadow you name were all reaonably priced when they first came out privatley. As soon as a major Corp. bought them out, they were either shelved or the price doubled.

Though I ride their wheels, I've never had much of an affinity towards them after experiencing their customer service and promises.

Just today I was looking at my ZX1/ZR2 combo and was thinking I could have a nice car for that $11k. Now its gonna be $3k more! Glad I bit the bullet a long time ago on the ZX1, couldn't live without it!
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Same here Bras. Love my ZX-1.

The price (which is MSRP, not "street price") is likely due to integrating dealers into the equation. Some dealers offer Spinergy products at a discount from MSRP, so don't get too worked up about it yet.

Let's say the ZX1 (or whatever it'll be called) is discounted by 35%, as Spinergy's LX wheels are at Sportaid, the price could still hover around $5-5.5k.

Whether that happens or not is another story... time will tell.

The comments made by Jason@Spin were well meaning however unauthorized, premature and mostly inaccurate.

We are still waiting for FDA clearance and a market price has not been set.

oops.

good luck w/ the FDA stuff, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    The comments made by Jason@Spin were well meaning however unauthorized, premature and mostly inaccurate.

We are still waiting for FDA clearance and a market price has not been set.
    Maybe he will become JasonNoLonger@Spin?

Thumbs down

$8k is unconscionable Spinergy... Hope, as stated, that price was inaccurate.

As I said, I do not know the listing price yet as we have not shipped a unit yet. As soon as we do I will post it.

Jason was well meaning. Lets not axe him for only wanting to help answer questions about a product he is quite excited and obviously proud to be apart of.