Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: socially unacceptable

If you mean about a certain members post, I thought about replying but had assumed his post would be removed due to him being specifically told to stay away from this thread.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Maybe noone cane see it from the ignore button.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I know this is an old thread, but it deserves (imo) to be resurrected with more socially unacceptable things

I think that people just don't understand kindness, honesty and openness anymore. When people ask for my opinion I always ask if they want my honest opinion or a soft opinion. I am brutally honest in almost all of my dealings. Sometimes my little black heart takes over and I may do something kind of rude, but that's not my general mode of operation.

When I give someone something, they just don't know how to take it. People often seem to feel beholden if I give them something. They don't understand a gift is a gift and there's no debt to be "paid off". People then avoid those of us who give because we want to, simply because they have no idea how to receive anything
    Gifts
    Kindness
    Cash in a pinch
    Compliments

Many people seem to feel that reciprocity is necessary when it's not, we've already received our gift because we had the joy of giving.

I'm also totally socially unacceptable!
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story