Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My friends new TR3

Regarding back angle, My current TR has a folding back and per the serial # look up on TiLite's website it has a 90 deg. back angle. On the TR3 ordef form a 90 deg. back angle is not an option, so I had to pick an 89 or a 92 deg. back angle and I went with the 89 cause I din't want to feel like I was in a lazyboy with the 92 deg.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    Regarding back angle, My current TR has a folding back and per the serial # look up on TiLite's website it has a 90 deg. back angle. On the TR3 ordef form a 90 deg. back angle is not an option, so I had to pick an 89 or a 92 deg. back angle and I went with the 89 cause I din't want to feel like I was in a lazyboy with the 92 deg.
    so it'll be angled in towards the seat, making a tighter fit

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    My friend just got her new TR3 today and they messed it up in a couple of ways. First she was suppose to have pink spokes then she was suppose to have holes in her footplate for heels and she says she feels like she is going to fall forward. Does anyone have any suggestions on what she can do to feel more stable in the chair?
    The problem is your frame length, distance between wheels, try to move your cog back.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    It looks like she has the tension adjustable seat straps, you can loosen up the rear straps to effectively increase the dump hopefully leading to more stability.

That could help a bit and taking out air of that cushion
    Last edited by totoL1; 08-27-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    feels like she is going to fall forward. Does anyone have any suggestions on what she can do to feel more stable in the chair?
    your chair looks really short, when the diameter of the rear wheels get into the diameter of the caster usually are tippy forward problems, as more is in, more easy will be to fall forward, of course are more factors that could increase the risk for be a tippy forward chair like dump, etc. but this one is one of the more importants.
    For example look the black chair how the diameter of the rear wheel get into the casters, that chair will have same problem as you.
    But look the white chair the diameter of the rear wheels don`t get into the casters, so never will fall forward.
    When we order short frames depth i recommend go for front angles that could make the chair more stable, but if you have for example a 15" frame depth and 90ยบ front angle there`s nothing to do there for make it stable.

the back is tilted pretty far forward. no wonder she feels like she is going to fall out.
    nice looking chair, If the feeling of falling forward can be fixed, maybe she can just paint her spokes.

I think it's perhaps her cushion.

That Roho is WAY overinflated.

She should be sitting so that there is only .5"-1" of air between her lowest bony prominence (sit bone) and the bottom of the chair. When you're butt is not in the cushion it feels and looks like it is under-inflated.

I can see all of the individual cells in that Roho which means it is absolutely over-inflated. Which means she is going to be sitting too high in the chair.

It looks like a single-valve Roho cushion, which means if it is over-inflated and her feet are properly on the footrest then she is more or less negating any dump she put in the chair.

If you go here: http://www.therohogroup.com/products...ve_cushion.jsp they will show you how to adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyOT View Post

If you go here: http://www.therohogroup.com/products...ve_cushion.jsp they will show you how to adjust it.

I have always read good things about TiLte customer service in this Forum. If they did screw up her order I'm sure they will make it right.

sounds like we should have gotten a tlite instead of a Q7. Even though we had researched and found that Q7 were made for younger active chair users.

My DMC screwed up my measurements severely and TiLite gave me a whole new chair-and technically it wasn't even their fault. They once sent me the wrong part for my chair and when I called they owned it without a fight and overnighted me the correct one. Their Customer Service has always done well by me-hopefully it will all work out!
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie