Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment

Disappointment

My chair that I have been waiting forever for was escalated by my vendor as well as the Ti-Lite rep. It was to arrive at Frank Mobility on 8/17 and I expected to take possession this week.

Yesterday I thought, no news is not good so I shot off an email to my vendor.

The folks at Ti built it quick but it has been sitting on a loading dock since 8/16.
    WTF is with that???? How do you miss a chair just sitting there?

Now the rush is on to receive and take possession of the chair before my insurance changes.

On September 1st it will be 2 yrs since the process of getting this chair started.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Wow
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Two years...incredible!!! What insurance do you have???

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Two years...incredible!!! What insurance do you have???

All the best,
    GJ
    No GJ more like appalling. I have a national insurance company and 100% DME coverage which means nothing if you look at all the exclusions.

Insurance denied the chair x 3 plus 3 appeals.

Once everything is ready, Ti leaves it sitting on the loading dock

If it makes you feel any better, I've had one sitting in my house for over two years that I couldn't, and still can't, use. Hopefully you have your chair by now though.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I've had one sitting in my house for over two years that I couldn't, and still can't, use. Hopefully you have your chair by now though.

No---It has not even arrived at Frank Mobility yet! I would have expected after Ti's screw up that they would have shipped it quickly--no such luck.

I have my doubt that this chair will arrive before my insurance changes--someone will take a hit on the chair and it wont be me.

If the chair doesn't arrive before your insurance changes, you may still be responsible for the cost of it, depending on what you signed when the chair was ordered by the durable medical equipment (DME) company. Many DME companies have you sign a waiver that if the insurance company doesn't pay, you will.

Has your insurance company paid the DME company anything toward the order of this chair. Depending on the terms the DME company has with an insurance company, the insurance company will pay a per cent down when the chair is ordered and the balance upon delivery to the client.

All the best,
    GJ

Brutal.

Yep, buying my ZRA, I made it extremely easy on the vendor by giving him all details and specs. He just had to order everything and give me a call when it was in. But he didn't order everything. He ordered the chair, waited for it to come in, and only then ordered all other extras/accessories. Adding over a week to my wait time. What a dumbass maneuver.

But wow, fighting for two years, finally having it ordered, made a priority build, only to have it pushed aside on a loading dock for a week. Nice.

Waiting for a chair to show up isn't like waiting for a toy to arrive in the mail. It's like waiting to be rescued from a deserted island where you don't even have Wilson to talk to.

Sorry about the wait bro... I am not a fan of insurance companies, but this makes me even less of a fan.