Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Awesome off-road electric wheelchair from UK!

I agree on the atv being more capable but it's sort of apples to oranges. An off-road electric chair is more of a niche item imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Very nice.
    However, in the US.... a nice second hand ATV is faster, stronger, more capable than this wheelchair AND it is very likely a whole load cheaper too.

They say it has a maximum speed of 8 mph, and this can be increased to 12 mph with a reduction in hill climbing ability. It has options for up to 4 24V, 30 AH Li batteries for an implied total of 120AH. This is far more battery capacity than any "normal" power chair.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

This is awesome! finally something that I can take hiking the trails with my kids- ATVs are loud, stinky, obnoxious and destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Yes...
    How a quad could drive something like this, with some modify?

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    RPV4X4
    Some quads have the side by side ATV's modified with hand controls but the RPV4X4
    lets the rider to drive from their wheelchair.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by gac3rd View Post
    They say it has a maximum speed of 8 mph, and this can be increased to 12 mph with a reduction in hill climbing ability. It has options for up to 4 24V, 30 AH Li batteries for an implied total of 120AH. This is far more battery capacity than any "normal" power chair.
    It's too top heavy to be thinking about speed. Anyway with four sets of dual wheels speed is not what that machine is all about. And any sacrifice of hill climbing ability using electric motors is a serious mistake. I upgraded my recumbent trike before I got enough uphill power to seem reasonable.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    RPV4X4
    Some quads have the side by side ATV's modified with hand controls but the RPV4X4
    lets the rider to drive from their wheelchair.

ok, i didn`t know that existed.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    How a quad could drive something like this, with some modify?
    look up the Polaris RZR.

add Sure Grip hand controls: http://suregrip-hvl.com/recreation.html

done.

Finally coming to US! TerrainHopper!
    "

TerrainHopper USA

Due to tremendous interest in our products we are delighted to tell you that we are in the process of establishing a manufacturing base in the US making TerrainHoppers available for sale in 2018. Here are some pictures and user comments from people who have been trialling TerrainHopper's and have posted comments on our Facebook page about their experiences:"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the Polaris RZR start at $19,499 and it's a toy. honest to god are you made of money?
    Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    look up the Polaris RZR.

add Sure Grip hand controls: http://suregrip-hvl.com/recreation.html

done.