Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have words to live by?

I just heard this yesterday and it just kept popping into my mind all day...

"Life provides losses and heartbreak for all of us. But the greatest tragedy is to have the experience and miss the meaning."

"God helps those who help themselves."
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

"This too shall pass"

My Dad told me "there are always people in worse condition than you, learn from them how to survive."

Get a job, work your ass off, delay your gratitude, reap rewards in the end. Live healthy so you can enjoy it for a few years.

The worst ass-kicking you'll ever get is the one you give yourself.

Losers are quick to say how difficult life is so that they can fail with dignity.

You can never teach a man anything only make them realize what they already know.

if you can't explain something simply then you do not understand it well enough.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

A man with one watch always knows what time it is a man with two watches never does.

Every failure is an opportunity to learn what not to do next time.

etc...

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Another online group I'm fond of had a long thread today about favorite movie lines. I posted this one from Lord of the Rings.

It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow.

That's Sam . . . brave, frustrated, sorrowful, relentless Sam always makes me think of caregivers. It's only a passing thing, this shadow!
    "No, they eat and drink, Sam. The Shadow that bred them can only mock, it cannot make: not real new things of its own. I don’t think it gave life to the orcs, it only ruined them and twisted them; and if they are to live at all, they have to live like other living creatures. Foul waters and foul meats they’ll take, if they can get no better, but not poison."
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch people try to figure out how you did it!

never badmouth the car you're currently riding in.